Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whitsundays 21/22

Re: Whitsundays 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Nice report and congrats on the good news. Caliguel is great, Condamine is my home town. Pulled some nice yellowbelly from the lagoon when the water level, barometer, wind, lure choice, line length, leader choice, water clarity, water pH and time of day were right.
    Ta mate ..... or waterskiers

It's a great halfway stop to swag out ...... I've got the timing right - leave 5am & arrive there at 5pm - just in time for those magic sunsets

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thank you for the report

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Ta mate ..... or waterskiers

It's a great halfway stop to swag out ...... I've got the timing right - leave 5am & arrive there at 5pm - just in time for those magic sunsets

Chris
    Nice. And Bluey will do you up a nice feed at the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Nice. And Bluey will do you up a nice feed at the pub.
    Unfortunately - with boat in tow .... we dont get the chance - it's pull up at Caliguel .... shove some pies etc in the oven & chill out with a few ales.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Unfortunately - with boat in tow .... we dont get the chance - it's pull up at Caliguel .... shove some pies etc in the oven & chill out with a few ales.

Chris
    Well that comes a close second!

Fantastic you and your son look like a ball

Thanks Chris, great report.

Many a year I spent camped at Nari's Beach, Joe's Beach, Scrub Hen Beach and Sid Harbour.

Unbelievable memories and the fishing is so close.

One of the best was Scrub Hen beach, just a short boat ride to Hook Island for supplies etc. Also sitting on the north end, eating oysters straight off the rocks, then putting one on a hook, casting out and bazinger....... Cod, parrot, Trout, small macks, trevally and more..........

Back then we used Nilsmaster Invincible hardbodies and let me tell you, Trout loved them

I loved the fact we had to fish the tides, beaching our boat at the right time and place.

We also used folded up bake bean tin lids, over a 7/0 vmc hook for lures................ perfect...... pelagics nailed them.

thanks again

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Thanks Chris, great report.

Many a year I spent camped at Nari's Beach, Joe's Beach, Scrub Hen Beach and Sid Harbour.

Unbelievable memories and the fishing is so close.

One of the best was Scrub Hen beach, just a short boat ride to Hook Island for supplies etc. Also sitting on the north end, eating oysters straight off the rocks, then putting one on a hook, casting out and bazinger....... Cod, parrot, Trout, small macks, trevally and more..........

Back then we used Nilsmaster Invincible hardbodies and let me tell you, Trout loved them

I loved the fact we had to fish the tides, beaching our boat at the right time and place.

We also used folded up bake bean tin lids, over a 7/0 vmc hook for lures................ perfect...... pelagics nailed them.

thanks again

LP
    & the oysters were still good at Nari's

Unfortunately there is nothing on Hook any more - so supplies came from Hamilton which was pretty good.

A favorite out of the way place to camp was Armit Island to the north of Airlie ...... lovely spot - I'd like to go there is Sept ( same period I went there in 1998)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO