Thread: Ever had one or two of those days !!!!??.

Ever had one or two of those days !!!!??.

Decided to fit a cabin/overhead light under my T Top and rather than run a new circuit i thought ide couple it up to my anchor light cuircuit.
    After wiring all up thought ide give it a tickle see if it worked??.
    Short curcuited something and blew a fuse.
    Checked all fuse holders and Nup ? All good ??.
    Two days of stuffin around to find a fuse holder back beside one of the batterries wher near impossible to sight.
    And only found due to nearly falling offa. My Log in frustration.
    Never Ever been So Stressed over a Boat wiring exvercise which shoulda been fun in the first place

Re: Ever had one or two of those days !!!!??.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Decided to fit a cabin/overhead light under my T Top and rather than run a new circuit i thought ide couple it up to my anchor light cuircuit.
    After wiring all up thought ide give it a tickle see if it worked??.
    Short curcuited something and blew a fuse.
    Checked all fuse holders and Nup ? All good ??.
    Two days of stuffin around to find a fuse holder back beside one of the batterries wher near impossible to sight.
    And only found due to nearly falling offa. My Log in frustration.
    Never Ever been So Stressed over a Boat wiring exvercise which shoulda been fun in the first place
    Helped a mate wire up some lights under his hardtop, he wanted to go the same way and just cut into an existing circuit. I'm very cantankerous when it comes to wiring. Hate leccies that just lift a tile, cut the susalation then use duct tape to reseal it, NOT.
    I ended up with a setup he was happy with, took time but definitely worth while.
    I've gotten wiring through places that seem impossible, just need to be innovative. I hate short cuts, i know time is expensive but I've offered to run wires for leccies at my place and rarely have they accepted, lots of rework so don't employ those guys anymore. I had to replace some cable to security cables a month ago (upgrade from 20 yr old system). Fortunately there was a difficult, very low area to access which I'd installed by running the cable through some conduit and then used the conduit to position it. Gamechanger when replacement was due, tape new cable to old and pull through very low area in the roof as well as many obstacles bypassed. I've tried similar in the boat but occasionally do something in a hurry and later on regret it.

I hear ya, roughn in cables gives me the shits, when I get the opportunity, say in a boat, I install 40 or 50mm poly pipe and some pull throughs just for the future, and then have a beer because Ive been so clever.

Early in my marine days i had one just like that Vol trying to wire up those old incandecent air pocket submersible lights where the earth ran thru the frame, chasedit around for 3 hours lots of swearing just couldn't figure it out, ended up just getting a light board

This was 20 years ago