Thread: Flying trip to Mission Beach and Lucinda.

Flying trip to Mission Beach and Lucinda.

Hey fellas, I go to these areas regularly on road trips with the boat but will be there for a couple of days this week shore bound. Any clues as to where I can reasonably expect to catch a Barr.... oops, I mean Jack or something to fill in free time. I'll have a hire car so no problem driving a bit for some fun. Never fished there during summer so not sure what the wetter conditions may hold.

Re: Flying trip to Mission Beach and Lucinda.

Hi mate...In Mission Beach I caught my first Coral Trout and Painted cray off the rockwall at the Clump point Boat ramp many years back....

The Jetty is also popular but probably best at night time...

It will probably be pretty busy this week with holidays and good weather about...

Re: Flying trip to Mission Beach and Lucinda.

Thanks mate, back home already. Only had about 4 x half hour slots to throw lures about. First was Deeral boat ramp on the way from Cairns to Lucinda. First cast, stinking 70cm Barracuda. Next stop Mourilyan boat ramp. Midday as a fella was driving his boat on the trailer, threw a cast alongside him and got a 42cm Jack. Pretty happy with that. Next stop, Dungeness creek on the main road to Lucy for a cod. All on those 'free lures' old mate is advertising. Not unhappy with the tally considering it was all pretty rushed. Take home message from the trip, JETSTAR ARE NOT MY FAVOURITE AIRLINE.