Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: About to order Stabicraft 2250 Ultra Centrecab. Talk me out?

Re: About to order Stabicraft 2250 Ultra Centrecab. Talk me out?

Spending 160-200k and 20k extra is not on the list? One thing i noticed about that yamaha helm master EX the engine has to sit up wind a bit tricky to fish most boats so it might only be good for boats where u can walk around the whole deck, be a bit shitty if your in a cabin boat and all the lines go under the boat

Islander, i've run yammy's on all my boats but i think the big block V6 yams are thirsty and this is the compromise for reliability (in my experience anyway). Came from a 4.2 225 yam on a 6.5 riptide platey. Averaged about 0.8km per L. Just went to twin 140 zukes on my new 6.8 riptide (both cab boats) and i'm getting around 1.1km per L combined on a bigger, heavier rig. I recon the new mercs are a great spec, twin 115 merc were my first preference over the zukes but i had other dash and gauge challenges (already fabbed) to overcome. This said 200 hours in and no complaints from me. I agree with others that all modern 4 bangers are pretty sound things, its also a matter of finding the best spec for your boat. Weight, torque curve, twin/single etc. My mates new style 2050 stabi handles weight aft way better than my old mans original shape podded 609 does. 2250 with twin 135 mercs, now we're talking!!! Nothing more fun than getting into a new rig, great boats the Stabi. My old mans is around 15 year old and still going strong, few bumps and scrapes but no cracks. good luck.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Out-Station;[URL="tel:1693590"
    1693590[/URL]]Islander, i've run yammy's on all my boats but i think the big block V6 yams are thirsty and this is the compromise for reliability (in my experience anyway). Came from a 4.2 225 yam on a 6.5 riptide platey. Averaged about 0.8km per L. Just went to twin 140 zukes on my new 6.8 riptide (both cab boats) and i'm getting around 1.1km per L combined on a bigger, heavier rig. I recon the new mercs are a great spec, twin 115 merc were my first preference over the zukes but i had other dash and gauge challenges (already fabbed) to overcome. This said 200 hours in and no complaints from me. I agree with others that all modern 4 bangers are pretty sound things, its also a matter of finding the best spec for your boat. Weight, torque curve, twin/single etc. My mates new style 2050 stabi handles weight aft way better than my old mans original shape podded 609 does. 2250 with twin 135 mercs, now we're talking!!! Nothing more fun than getting into a new rig, great boats the Stabi. My old mans is around 15 year old and still going strong, few bumps and scrapes but no cracks. good luck.
    Scott
    Thanks for sharing! I’ve been researching whole day today and from what I read I think I’m pretty much sold on Honda. In addition Honda dealership/service is much closer to me than Mercury.
    I’d love to go twin engine setup (for extra peace of mind during offshore trips) but unfortunately 2250 can only accommodate a single engine.

Good choice, honda have good resale value for down the track

The chinese boats are slowly arriving heres one that keeps coming up in facebook advertisements

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-50018...k-600?spr=true

Says "brand new" that floor in pictures 15, 17 is filthy possibly stained floor, also says "no key" but u can see water below the engine possible mistake or risky buy?

10% added to price too

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    The chinese boats are slowly arriving heres one that keeps coming up in facebook advertisements

https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-50018...k-600?spr=true

Says "brand new" that floor in pictures 15, 17 is filthy possibly stained floor, also says "no key" but u can see water below the engine possible mistake or risky buy?

10% added to price too
    Gazza, you need to read advertisements clearly and don’t assume you read something.

Beginning of ad it says NEW (Not Brand New), probably uses this term as it’s only a few months old.

In description condition it says - Good (New) (Not Brand New)

As for you saying it says No Key, it says Key No - meaning key number which for security reasons they do not list.

Not picking on you Gazza, but you really need to know what you are talking about before you say anything. Read thing clearly

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

And stop posting unrelated crap in other people’s Threads.

These don’t look a bad unit. Don’t know anything about them

Image1640128702.709285.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    These don’t look a bad unit. Don’t know anything about them

Image1640128702.709285.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    What really attracts me in Stabi (among other things) is an aluminium life ring around hull, making the boat pretty much “unsinkable”. Google and check the videos where they flood the boat on purpose. From my research, Stabi is the only mass produced boat that has “level floatation” in a 7m boat.
    Plus, from my research, it has an amazing resale value, kind of like Toyota Hilux on water.

If not for the life ring, nice wide walk around, and unique design of 2250 with forward-raking cabin, I would just get an Extreme Game King 695 and be done with it, and would save probably $20-40k in a process.
    The only OTHER boat that I love more (at least on computer screen, as I’ve never been in one) is Elite 8, that ChocolateMoose is building, but it’s probably much more than what I want to spend, plus too large to handle, plus I don’t have a towing vehicle for it anyway

The boat Moose is building is a wine sippers boat, a Stabi is a hold my beer boat..

Have seen a boat which I thought at first glance was a Stabicraft. Its an Osprey,very similar and also manufactured in NZ.
    I dont know a lot about either of these boats,but to my untrained eye they looked similar.
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

There is also Profile boats and Senator Boats with a similar style of rig - also out of NZ.

Ultra cab is an ugly commercial looking thing, love the look of the centre cabin tho in the 2250

I need to look up the specs that ultra cab looks very heavy

Instead of starting new threads for every subject that worries me, I think I’ll just keep asking all questions (as they pop in in my head) in this thread, to keep it all in one place.

So finally paid the deposit for 2250, should be mine hopefully in May/June.

Now, during the test-run I realised that while it was quieter than any other small/mid size plate boat I’ve ever been to, it was still noticeably noisier than I’m used to
    Hence the question - have anyone tried to successfully apply some sound deadening material in the cabin of aluminium boat?
    Would thick marine carpet, or some marine wall liner help? What about dynamat extreme? Anyone tried that for marine application, or maybe something similar? Maybe a combination of materials…
    The pontoons of 2250 that I ordered are already foam filled, so that helps with noise too, but ideally I would want to take it a bit further, if that’s possible.

Another question is the Toilet. Personally always was happy with just a bucket (or nothing), with a new boat I’m happy so spend some extra $$ to get a better solution, but just not sure what IS a good solution and if I really need it (I.e. don’t want to create more unnecessary maintenance hassle). I read a few threads on a subject, and still haven’t figured out what the consensus is. A bucket, or fully plumbed toilet, or porta potti, or nothing, or something else? What everyone has and how happy are you with that solution?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    The boat Moose is building is a wine sippers boat, a Stabi is a hold my beer boat..
    Thats pretty accurate !

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au