Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saltwater friendly fridge freezers

Re: Saltwater friendly fridge freezers

Obviously American but might be worth a read

https://www.ridetheducksofseattle.co...refrigerators/

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by toecutter View Post
    I would agree somewhat with that, but I bought a cheap ebay one years ago for ad- hoc use and the darned thing has been absolutely bullet proof. It's outlived previous fridges including a not inexpensive waeco and a retail store cheapy. Compared to the Evakool, it does use about twice as much power but reliability hasn't been an issue.

Sent from my SM-T575 using Tapatalk
    Brass Monkey were mentioned by probably "The Guy" when it comes to 12 volt fridges here Shitney for their reliability & value for money ........ he just doesn't see any come in for repairs . The downside I could see is that they need to be kept relatively flat when operating (<15 deg) which would be an issue in a boat .

Ebay fridges would be a real roll the dice kind of thing though - I'd really want to research the gear before I hand over hundreds of dollars so If I go down the path of buying a fridge for the boat - I'll probably spend the coin .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    depends on how critical it is

for day trips just for cold drinks and food who cares if it only last 5-6 years this thing was 1/5 the cost of a top end fridge
    if your leaving civilisation for days on end then its a different story and not the reason i asked the question in the first place
    That's absolutely spot on

& when you think about it's use (keeping bait frozen) it's probably why I haven't jumped in a bought one already. Keeping drinks / food cold on the boat - that's an eskies job on my normal weekend aways .
    It's hard to justify spending a grilla plus to keep bait frozen for 1 maybe 2 longer trips a year. So what ever I buy needs a secondary role .

Presently I have an 80lt dual zone Engel , 40lt National Luna & a 40lt Evakool drawer fridge in my canopy ....... The Engel could be replaced as it's just too big & heavy (40kgs empty) by a 25-30lt something to be used as a fridge or freezer when required .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO