Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Servicing (keep it regular)

Re: Boat Servicing (keep it regular)

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Yep - Electric motors (like on a washing machine generate ozone & ozone attacks certain types of rubber ( make them become brittle & crack)

Mark my word - all this stuff with EVs will cause it's own environmental issues ...... not so green

Chris
    Thanks Chris, I did some interesting reading on this and even the humble petrol engine produces ozone, just slightly more than an EV. So where does that leave us as we have an ozone hole in the atmosphere over the Antarctic which scientist used to worry about as it was getting larger.
    We are helping our atmosphere by running petrol cars. The green thing is just so convoluted that I can't get my head around it, there is a lot of talk of being carbon neutral etc by a certain date yet there is no real solution in sight. Recycling of old solar panels costs atm there is only 1 company in SA that does it, they charge you $20/panel plus freight to do so. The huge fibreglass blades from wind farms have only a 10 year life a d the current process is crush and bury, they have tried mixing it with road base materials but they can only use very small amounts as it has to en encapsulated.
    It seems every green energy solution has it's not so green issues.

Yep there really should be more transparency around the real costs of all this green push compared to what we have now plus the cost of disposal at te end of life.....

Hasnt Morrison done a doozy of a backflip...he won the election based on his hardline approach against global warming extremism now all of a sudden he is advocating for EV's and such...

According to these statistics we use 40 % of our household energy to run air-con and heating and another 22% for water heating...

https://www.yourhome.gov.au/energy/heating-and-cooling

Over 60% of household energy could be saved from tomorrow if people turned off the air con and took cold showers or installed a solar hot water unit...

Thats just massive...but it aint gunna happen because no-one wants to sacrifice their comfort and its just not "cool"...

I think we all agree that the world needs to do something...we just cant keep breeding and depleting all the planets resources and polluting and destroying it....

Unfortunately I dont think the answer is to make rich people and companies richer with all these laughable "green schemes" that mostly likely will have very little climate reversal effects ...Elon musk is now worth 300 Billion bucks....

Opps thread derailment..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

I think we all agree that the world needs to do something...we just cant keep breeding and depleting all the planets resources and polluting and destroying it....
    I agree wholeheartedly, it's the constant depletion of resources and pollution into our water ways that are of more concern to me than putting gasses into the atmosphere, after all that Icelandic volcano over a decade ago put more toxic fumes into the atmosphere in a week than man had done since the beginning of the industrial age. Funny how that data gets buried. Unless we can learn how to change the earths axis which keeps tilting, just look at far the magnetic North Pole has shifted in the last 50 years, and of course the orbit around the sun is changing then I doubt very much we can do much about climate change per se.

But all of this has been covered before and I think we have hi jacked the reason for this thread.

pppppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Chris,
    What warrantee did you get on your 140 ??

Col
    Hi Col

It was a second hand boat - but t was /is 5 years

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

pppppppppppppppp