Thread: Orbital Polisher

Orbital Polisher

Hi all, I don’t want this to run into a long boring topic.

I’m after an orbital polisher and while looking I see they can range from $100 to over $1000

Please if you have one or used one, let me know the brands to buy and the brands not to buy

Cheers

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Re: Orbital Polisher

I've had the Trade Tools version for years. Don't use it industrially but it's paid for itself many times over without issue.

Sent from my CPH1715 using Ausfish mobile app

I got a cheap Chinese polisher/buffer (just one that goes around, not orbital) for a one off job, and I have had it for about 3-4 years now, got two handles on the side, light weight and works a treat. That said, I don't know much about orbital polishers at all.

Find the lightest one you can and go with that one, unless you're using it every day don't be scared of cheap, they're all pretty good these days

Got a Ryobi cordless as I have a heap of other Ryobi tools and it got a pretty good wrap in a couple of YouTube videos. Had it about 6 or so months. It's still in the box 😂. I hate polishing boats......and cars........and anything else.

Yeah Scott, Im a bit like yourself,Ive got 4 ltrs of 30 second cleaner sitting in my shed for the last 3 years and it hasnt cleaned anything. I dont want to have to do the work. Maybe I should open the lid and see if it cleans anything! Maybe worth a try.
    Tug Tellum
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

I'm on the same club as Noel. I bought a cheap polisher from SCA. What ever was their house brand at the time. I've used it twice to prep cars for sale and both times its worked fine. If you were going to use it regularly I guess cordless would be nice just because it generally is.

How often do you plan on using it?

Cheers Matt

Thanks fellas, not a fan of polishing cars or boats either, but, I need to polish my Patrol and looking for something to make job a little easier. So won’t be buying the top line. Will look at your recommendations.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums