Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

Just seen on channel 9 facebooks post lots ofthe people getting angry at the hike about to hit us, i heard the other day it was going to hit $2.07 a litre im doing pretty good in my daily v8 using lpg it has only gone up 10-15cent, my boat isok being only 60 litre tank but how are u chaps going up in QLD with 400 litre tanks in trailer boats?

Re: People going ape over fuel prices, how are u baring the cost?

Meh.....think ourselves lucky we are not in europe where $2.50 is the starting price...
    Jack.

We will just pay whatever price it is, saying your boat tank is only 60l doesn't make sense, you still use the same amount of fuel if you have a 600l tank, or a 60l tank, the capacity only relates to how often you have to fill up, not how much you use! I always found it strange that people somehow think that using "half a tank" means something, half a tank with a (say) 60l tank, is a lot different to half a tank with 150l. Fuel is just a commodity, we buy it and use it, whinge about the price, but we still buy it, to fill our boats, V8 cars and everything else we own.

Unfortunately it’s a commodity that we just pay whatever the price. Currently at my service station - BP

Wife’s Subaru: $1.79 (98)
    My Patrol: $1.59 (Diesel)
    Boat: $1.69 (95)

It’s just the way it is. If you don’t want to pay the price, don’t drive and don’t go boating - simple

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Does it really need another post over every thing that comes into your head ?

The kiwis have had it worse for years $2.80 for premium last time I was there and lower wages
    noels right half tank full tank means nothing you take enough for the planned days fishing and sometimes the tanks never big enough

sell your boat down grade to a smaller one live within your means
    you say you take four people fishing make them pay a share or don’t take them is the easy answer

Still $1.57 on the Sunny Coast.

I like bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly;[URL="tel:1692031"
    1692031[/URL]]I like bacon.
    Doctor said I’m not allowed bacon anymore

Speaking of avoiding fuel costs, I’m expecting delivery today of a Tesla model 3
    some rough numbers are over five years of daily trips to work of 90km, I’ll not have to buy $16,000 worth of fuel at current rates of $1.60

we also have solar so home charging will be covered by that too
    It’s not going to save money but thought we would give it a go to see what it’s like before we are forced to use them

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

Speaking of avoiding fuel costs, I’m expecting delivery today of a Tesla model 3
    some rough numbers are over five years of daily trips to work of 90km, I’ll not have to buy $16,000 worth of fuel at current rates of $1.60

It’s not going to save money but thought we would give it a go to see what it’s like before we are forced to use them
    I think the gubment is gearing up to charge EV users on a klm basis, maybe part of rego costs.
    So the further you drive per year the more fees/tax you pay.
    It’s hard to win as a user,,,,,
    The taxes supposedly used for road upgrades has to be clawed back some other way if petrol taxes fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess in a strange twisted kind of way, a "user pays" system makes sense, these days I would be lucky to drive 20-30Ks per week, whereas before I did more than that just going to work one day! So why should I pay the same as (say) a Tradie that might cover 100Ks a day? Not too sure it's exactly right or fair, but then.........

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I like bacon.
    Bacon is a basic human right

Yeah am sure some type of system to offset the fuel taxes

downside is how to make it fair ?
    noelm does 50kms a week
    my son does 90km round trip for a 4 hours maccas shift
    It’s 90km for us to do groceries etc

not sure how they will arrange it

Car was dropped off a few hours ago is an impressive piece of kit

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

I'm thinking of going electric when my current work car is due for replacement in about 12 months. I still have range anxiety. I have a few work days that involve 500km round trips bit recharge stations seem to be becoming more common.

As for fuel costs we paid 2.20 a litre in the NT back in September but it was going to be a long walk if we didn't fill up.

Matt

The old folks will remember the first self serve 'after hours' stations. Drop 20c pieces in the slot and watch the green lights come on. $2.20 was the maximum you could get. Would fill a holden tank with some left over.

Of course our wage was about 20 bucks a week... lol

Fuel is slowly going up for me now, a few months back the independant was 88.5cent than 7-11 was 99.9cent now 7-11 is 1.04cents and another independant down the road has just reached 1.06.5 for LPG

my car towing my boat uses at worse no air con and no sunroof up 1 tank of LPG or around 40 litres

In saying my tank in the boat is 60L we atill only use what we put in being in a pinch atm i only put in 25-30 litres once we use that we go home