Thread: Jack Rod Build

Jack Rod Build

I am new to these forums and think I posted this in the wrong category. I have decided to build myself a mangrove jack specific rod (my 4th rod build), based on a 6-8 kg R Tech Blue Diamond Med-Fast 7′ Rod Blank. U-Build on the Gold Coast are a stockist of the Blue Diamond blanks but have none in stock and unknown restocking date so I am hoping someone on here might know of other Australian stockists for this blank. I have looked at quite a few other blanks with almost same specs but just love the "translucent blue" colour, which with the right binding will be spectacular. Thanks in advance.

Re: Jack Rod Build

Quote Originally Posted by Neddey View Post
    I am new to these forums and think I posted this in the wrong category. I have decided to build myself a mangrove jack specific rod (my 4th rod build), based on a 6-8 kg R Tech Blue Diamond Med-Fast 7′ Rod Blank. U-Build on the Gold Coast are a stockist of the Blue Diamond blanks but have none in stock and unknown restocking date so I am hoping someone on here might know of other Australian stockists for this blank. I have looked at quite a few other blanks with almost same specs but just love the "translucent blue" colour, which with the right binding will be spectacular. Thanks in advance.
    Doesn't matter Neddey, a lot of the old rod building crew haven't been heard of lately. The forum atm seems to be fixated on our tax system.
    Good luck on your hunt for that blank.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Hi Neddy,
    I usually purchase my blanks through the Rodworks or exclusive tackle. Both very helpful.

Hi Neddey ive replyed to your other post but if you want it because of the colour see rodworks and pick a MHX and you can pick a blue colour,ive got a stcroix in the SC4 and there a nice deep blue too but you might find the colour you want in the a MHX range too,just google the rodworks and talk to him

Forget about the colour and focus on performance. The Neritica blanks from Exclusive Tackle are great but the United Composite freshwater line from United Tackle on the Gold Coast are pretty hard to beat. Never seen an R-Tech in the flesh but pretty confident they are imported from Asia.