Thread: Insuring the old girl

Insuring the old girl

Any advice as to insuring my boat fellas? I am possibly taking the hull for rego this week, trailer is done, engine is getting the new switch tomorrow

With my transom being so "lumpy" and not smooth will someone still insure it?

The whole rig plus registrations would have cost 13.5k-14k, what should i insure it for? I have all the receipts to show the build cost that tally up under 14k

Really stressing about the trailer being knocked off while im on the water

Re: Insuring the old girl

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Any advice as to insuring my boat fellas? I am possibly taking the hull for rego this week, trailer is done, engine is getting the new switch tomorrow

With my transom being so "lumpy" and not smooth will someone still insure it?

The whole rig plus registrations would have cost 13.5k-14k, what should i insure it for? I have all the receipts to show the build cost that tally up under 14k

Really stressing about the trailer being knocked off while im on the water
    Boats over a certain age or over market value requests will be directed to a boat yard for evaluation
    all of the insurers are different and can be unpredictable in this regard
    some request photos as well, club marine requested I uploaded photos to their app to cover the 20k of electronics i wanted specifically listed

until the boat is finished I say you will have issues
    can only call and ask

Bugger , i dont have many pictures of the transom rebuild i went thru thelot and deleted thousounds ofpictures 6 months ago

From what I read from club marine the trailer is pretty much not insures unless protected by an approved ant
    i theft device and I havent read f anyone actually establishing what this approved device is.

I read through the other recent thread about insurance i mostly want insurance incase the trailer gets flogged, when the b/m/t is parked at home is pretty secure my dogs are loud as

But the thought of coming back to no trailer will hit me hard as i wont have cash to buy another trailer or even get the hull towed home on a flat bed truck

Im assuming b/m/t insurance would cover getting the boat home safely without a trailer