Thread: Haines 233 Rebuild Part 2

Haines 233 Rebuild Part 2

Second instalment of 12 pics. Thermolite used for new transom, stringers, deck and forward cabin benches. Amrourcell used for bulk head to forward cabin and for new pod. New aluminium fuel and fresh water tanks. Will have all new electronics, Zip wakes and has a flooded keel through the pod and extends about 600 into the hull, for stability at anchor. Breathers for the flooded keel vent to top of pod.
    Had to take the windscreen off to fit it on the flat rack to ship, just sat the screen on the deck. Then while towing from Brisbane Port to Coomera cracked the glass, so had to get a new windscreen made
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Haines 233 Rebuild Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle64 View Post
    Second instalment of 12 pics. Thermolite used for new transom, stringers, deck and forward cabin benches. Amrourcell used for bulk head to forward cabin and for new pod. New aluminium fuel and fresh water tanks. Will have all new electronics, Zip wakes and has a flooded keel through the pod and extends about 600 into the hull, for stability at anchor. Breathers for the flooded keel vent to top of pod.
    Had to take the windscreen off to fit it on the flat rack to ship, just sat the screen on the deck. Then while towing from Brisbane Port to Coomera cracked the glass, so had to get a new windscreen made
    I see u had the same problem as me and other people, once u put two or more layers of cloth or mat over the thermolite some strands appear white and in u havent wet it out properly but its really just dense parts of the cloth or mat over another dense patch that makes it appear as u havent wet it out, lots of guys laughed at my transom as they thought i didnt put enough resin on