Thread: Looking for camper

Question Looking for camper

Howd’y folks.

Not yet 100% committed, but. I am on the hunt for a Jayco Dove or Jayco Lark. No other models considered. !!! Preferably the rig is the Bush Pack or Touring Pack. They must have the following options already fitted. Solar panel w/battery and monitoring system. 12V water pump. Roof mounted air con. Fiamma ( factory ) roll out awning, Bed Bag awnings. So, if you know of someone that is selling or thinking of selling, please put me in contact with them.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Looking for camper

It was a Jayco Dove I saw busted on the Gibb River Rd. Cabin had come away from the chassis completely. Just sayin.

Yep, I really believe it is down to the way you drive ( tow ) these things. A Dove is an older model and unless the suspension has been upgraded, is a tourer, not an off-roader.

The newer ones with independent suspension seem to be the ducks nutz. But, a leaf sprung one with an addition of the correct shockies, A/T tyres and possibly a strengthening of the chassis rail, will do the trick.

thanks

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Absolutely. And it’s very easy to destroy stuff on the Gibb River if you don’t drive to conditions. Some grey nomads were towing at 20 mph or so. Slow trip but the vans survived.