Thread: Seat base change

Seat base change

I have to lower my helm seat. There is currently a very short pedestal installed but the seat is still too high.
    Thinking of changing to one of these sliding swivel bases. Has anyone had any experience with them ? Im not sure they will swivel smoothly or as smooth as the pedestal.
    Ill be screwing them to the aluminium seat box .
    4a490df32ec4ad2d779dbea1ecba559c_540x.jpgab968478b6df9b482c99fb21652c125b_500x.jpg176382254_1228960547560344_6067346313214476224_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Seat base change

I have those ones Brett..one on a seat frame and one on a seat box like yours..

They do the job..back and forwards is easy whilst seated and 360 degrees incrementally I find easier to adjust while off the seat.....

4 short bolts to attach to seatbase and same to seat..

attach to your seat and just put them in place on the boxes and play around a bit before drilling holes into the seatbox so you can best position them to allow for the range of adjustments that suits you best..

Awesome. Ok you have the ones that lock the swivel? I was thinking of just getting the ones with the continual swivel....hmm
    Thank you for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I have those ones Brett..one on a seat frame and one on a seat box like yours..

They do the job..back and forwards is easy whilst seated and 360 degrees incrementally I find easier to adjust while off the seat.....

4 short bolts to attach to seatbase and same to seat..

attach to your seat and just put them in place on the boxes and play around a bit before drilling holes into the seatbox so you can best position them to allow for the range of adjustments that suits you best..

I have had swivel ones before ...

I like them at rest but as some of our trips are 50-80kms each way I prefer ones that lock in position whilst underway...particularly if its a bit rough..

I'm still playing with the height of my seat as I added a suspension thingy which meant I had to cut the seatbox down......

suspension.jpg

Ahh, yes I get what you mean. My seat isnt lockable and I note than when I get off I am already swivelling around but agreed it would be a little safer and comfortable locked in.
    Wow that suspension unit is cool.

I got a quote to cut my seat box down. Its half the cost of a new box for gods sake.