Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coastguard vs VMR

Re: Coastguard vs VMR

Waggs, the simple answer is you will just have to ring around to find out. Things change such as the reciprocal rights between Caloundra and Mooloolaba. A few years ago a mate got caught out if fuel at Hervey Bay and while he was a memeber of 1770 they didn't accept reciprocal rights. I suspect HB and TCB may since then but I doubt they would extend to 1770.
    Generally if you're not a member they charge you double the fuel cost, for my mate the 11 kms we were from the harbour cost him close to $500 for an 8m tinnie.

Scott, or should we call you Ann, the cost seems to be a lot cheaper down here, mine is around $80.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post

Scott, or should we call you Ann, the cost seems to be a lot cheaper down here, mine is around $80.
    lol...I'm just the muscle around here Sam...bills and stuff are above my pay grade..

Cairns is only $88 a year so maybe its because being in a small regional area an hour and a half south of Cairns there just isnt the population that you guys have access too...

Our Cardwell coastguard shut down for good last year..I think the smaller VMR's like our region really struggle for funds and members so thats why its so important whatever model is adopted to unify coastguard statewise makes sure there is enough funding for these smaller guys to be able to continuing operating on some level...

Thanks for the replies. Seems like I'm no closer than I was the other week.