Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Re: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Interesting figure, have you insured it yet. Guarantee as it's a rebuild it will require an inspection and I doubt your figures are close.
    A Formula 233 hull would require more towing than you have any capability to do. Here in Qld the trailer would require a road worthy every year as it would be well and truly over weight wise. Also you haven't taken into account all the new tools you will buy, it seems you spend more on them than the actual boat/trailer.
    These days I work on the basis of "I reckon it'll taken hour so double that then double it again and it'll be close. Same with the finance.
    Finish your current project first.
    Digs all i need to add to my trailer are 4 electronic brakes, twin 50mm axles, heavier springs, more cross members, a breakaway, 4.5t hitch, HD wheels, my trailer build came in at $4300 or $5000 registered i can queit easily byild a 4.5t trailer for 8k + rego, no new trailers come registered...

Keep in mind my $4300 u need to deduct all the cost for the parts outlaid before adding the above so a 4.5t trailer will piss it in for 8k

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Bull sh!t!! Not a hope in hell! Put the pipe down and step away from the keyboard.
    Drug users have no money.

If your on the pipe don't put me on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Drug users have no money.

Dont you get all your drugs paid for by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme..?

You definately been putting something in the pipe lately..

Digs all i need to add to my trailer are 4 electronic brakes, twin 50mm axles, heavier springs, more cross members, a breakaway, 4.5t hitch, HD wheels, my trailer build came in at $4300 or $5000 registered i can queit easily byild a 4.5t trailer for 8k + rego, no new trailers come registered...

Keep in mind my $4300 u need to deduct all the cost for the parts outlaid before adding the above so a 4.5t trailer will piss it in for 8k
    Gazza your dreaming, a registered 4.5T trailer will cost you a minimum that in bare materials, had a mate who had a lot of the gear, the tools etc even built his 8m tinnie from scratch and he spent 10k 10 years ago just for the trailer. Some costs have gone down but ally has more than doubled in cost,
    I would really like to go back on your several thousand posts and actually price your boat and trailer. I know you've posted figures but I'm sure you've done the blinker thing. I am guilty of it also so don't take offense.

that seafarer ventura 5.2 listed 8 days ago on gumtree seems like its worth a good buy assuming the honda is sound $4500

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Gazza your dreaming, a registered 4.5T trailer will cost you a minimum that in bare materials, had a mate who had a lot of the gear, the tools etc even built his 8m tinnie from scratch and he spent 10k 10 years ago just for the trailer. Some costs have gone down but ally has more than doubled in cost,
    I would really like to go back on your several thousand posts and actually price your boat and trailer. I know you've posted figures but I'm sure you've done the blinker thing. I am guilty of it also so don't take offense.
    Digs i have all my receipts printed off for the whole trailer build, the aluminium was only $900

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    that seafarer ventura 5.2 listed 8 days ago on gumtree seems like its worth a good buy assuming the honda is sound $4500
    I know of a wicked Swift Craft Dominator 5.5m for a few pennys i have thought about getting it its tempting but not sure about a loan

How u going with your build Cat?

Who’s told you what ?

Yet you bought a 4m tinny to bolt your 50 so what’s your point ?, your not a fisherman if you own a tinny ?

go look at those revolutions and other 233 flops and see what gear and condition you get for 100k

I know of a wicked Swift Craft Dominator 5.5m for a few pennys i have thought about getting it its tempting but not sure about a loan

How u going with your build Cat?
    slowly slowly , just put one of those portable carports over the project to keep out the rain, its like tropical qld down here at moment wow just got a heap more cloth and fillers silicas from trojan and delivered in three days , very fast only four weeks to xmas so deliverys need to be done now so ill have a material to get cracking again ,

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Who’s told you what ?

Yet you bought a 4m tinny to bolt your 50 so what’s your point ?, your not a fisherman if you own a tinny ?

go look at those revolutions and other 233 flops and see what gear and condition you get for 100k

Don’t bite mate: gaz is the kinda of guy that does one boxcersize class and then considers himself a lethal weapon. The end quality of his project is actually something to be questioned. I think many have held their tongue out of kindness but it has been the elephant in the room. I commend his enthusiasm but skill sets take years to develop and are definitely not taught from YouTube. I never picked up my first nail gun, put my first frame together then called myself a tradesman - that would make me a delirious moron.

Quote Originally Posted by baitable;[URL="tel:1692539"
    1692539[/URL]]Don’t bite mate: gaz is the kinda of guy that does one boxcersize class and then considers himself a lethal weapon. The end quality of his project is actually something to be questioned. I think many have held their tongue out of kindness but it has been the elephant in the room. I commend his enthusiasm but skill sets take years to develop and are definitely not taught from YouTube. I never picked up my first nail gun, put my first frame together then called myself a tradesman - that would make me a delirious moron.
    yeah my fault I should know better.

Seen this a couple days ago someone will snap it up 17k bargain fibreglass stringers!!! Add afloor, redo the transom, add a pod your laughing

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/land...oid_VIP_bottom
    Actually I saw this and thought of you , and now here you are talking about it . So funny
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    slowly slowly , just put one of those portable carports over the project to keep out the rain, its like tropical qld down here at moment wow just got a heap more cloth and fillers silicas from trojan and delivered in three days , very fast only four weeks to xmas so deliverys need to be done now so ill have a material to get cracking again ,
    Yeah it was like that for me too over the ladt two christmas holidays when trojan shuts shop for a few weeks i made many orders over my build almost all my fibreglassing material came from them, towards the end they started giving me some cool discounts when i asked for it

This is the Dominator i mentioned
    Attached Images Attached Images

that 233 hard top is a real beauty but is it worth 11k as a project build , any covid price adjustment there , its a big big job to undertake that one

pppppppppppppppppppp