Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Re: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Geez you guys are talking like its a huge deal 8 foot beam is 2.438m my Caribbean is 2.3m wide!!!! What the heck is 138mm difference?

An engine u can just plonk a 225-250hp 30inch 4 stroke on a 23-24ft hull thousands of guys are running 225-250hp engines on plate boats, it wont be a rocket but ya all said my 90 wouldnt push my hull and here we are planing at 22kph cruising at 40kph topping out at just over 60kph with a cruise fuel economy of 2.27km/L
    Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is just trolling at this point
    Matt......

My boats up for sale thousand bucks a foot $19,900

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whereabouts have you listed it Gazz?

I’m trying to work out the best place to list a boat.
    Matilda

might want admin to delete every post on your build then so the new owner never sees them

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Whereabouts have you listed it Gazz?

I’m trying to work out the best place to list a boat.
    I haven't listed it Ducks just playing along with disorderly and steve...

I want to keep the boat so much heart ache went into building it

If i were ever to list it it may end up on gumtree, boats sales etc..

One special key to selling is i would take a potentioal buyer down the river for a test run to show how the boat launches solo and good she runs

But yeah not for sale just yet shes not even finished and i wanna slay some kingys in the next few weeks and some mahi mahi out wide around febuary

saw another project boat being towed away today , certainly seems like a few guys are getting busy

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    saw another project boat being towed away today , certainly seems like a few guys are getting busy
    They probably can't buy a new boat with insanely long waiting times. Also probably servicing their hobby in this COVID world...

Yup the new boat wait time plus another covid lock down looming with this new strain

Worse thing ever is to be locked down with no projects to do

this is a old vintage i spied on my travels, sitting in a front yard 50 metres south of jervis bay turnoff, think it read 5k on the cardboard sign , though cant quite make out the brand of vessell, anyhow thought some one might want a project to do seeing as how expensive boat are getting ,
    Attached Images Attached Images

check out those outrigger poles on the old girl , imagine the stories and fish this old boat caught , looks about 19ft perhaps a savage atlantic , who nows what the inboard is , 202 red motor
    edit-- savage bluefin 21 t

Looks worthy of a rebuild but i would'nt kerp that old style cabin.. many say u #### a boat when u take that 1960's era cabin off i copped a bit of shit for doing it to mine by the bertram and caribbean lovers but those old 200kg+ cabins are out dated just theglass windows on mine were 6mm glass that weighed a shit load

I personally don't see 5k in the old girl, maybe $1500 for the trailer no rust and ready for rego.. maybe $1000-$1200 for the hull she may be covered with foilage looking at the surroundings

if the inboard is seized or not , most likely it would be removed by new owner , pod it or cut out the transom , bit of work to do ,

One couldprobably sell the leg not sure what they go for, def pull that inboard out it would probably be abig old heavy guzzler

That boat looks really nice from the white down, it would look awesome with a brand new hard top with a moden design

The more i look at it the more i wanna go make an offer lol

Could it be an old 20ft bertram? It has a very familar coming like my caribbean also the cabin design looks similar to mine too

Can u make out the rego number Cat? My zoom in isto blurry
    Attached Images Attached Images