Thread: Mag seal servicing

Mag seal servicing

My 3 year old 3015 Daiwa Morthan has had 2 swims in salt one was momentarily the other a bit longer as I had to dive in and retrieve it , it still runs smooth as but I want to get it serviced . My usual reel bloke can’t get his hands on the Mag Seal oil from Daiwa so I’m wondering if anyone on Brisbane Northside does the servicing using Magseal oil , my 4500 salting a could do with one as well after 10 years as well . Any recommendations would be helpful , Daiwa Australia are closed at the moment due to lockdowns in Sydney . Thanks Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Re: Mag seal servicing

Go to Tackle Warehouse at Camp Hill. They can service everything except electric reels. They serviced my Catalina no worries. Not quite north side but worth the drive, they have plenty of high end gear to look at while you are there

Quote Originally Posted by Billy C View Post
    Go to Tackle Warehouse at Camp Hill. They can service everything except electric reels. They serviced my Catalina no worries. Not quite north side but worth the drive, they have plenty of high end gear to look at while you are there
    Thanks mate I will give them a call

daiwa sent me some luvias spools out 2 weeks ago so part of the operation must still be running
    the fella i called was working from home though

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How good are the Morethan’s Matt! I’ve got the 2510 and 3500 and reckon they are as good as it gets. You can’t wreck em. First reels I chuck in the boat and have landed just about everything on those two.
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    How good are the Morethan’s Matt! I’ve got the 2510 and 3500 and reckon they are as good as it gets. You can’t wreck em. First reels I chuck in the boat and have landed just about everything on those two.
    Yeah I’m pretty impressed with some of the things I’ve caught on mine , it’s been flogged so far . Hopefully heading off shore for a snapper fish next week with it . Matt

What about Jones's ?????.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    What about Jones's ?????.
    Dosent do magseal