Thread: 92cm Blue Salmon

92cm Blue Salmon

how common are they !!, Missus caught one also ten minutes later , maybe not quite as big but chewed through the handline

Re: 92cm Blue Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    how common are they !!, Missus caught one also ten minutes later , maybe not quite as big but chewed through the handline
    That’s getting big for a blue what area did you catch it in don’t want your gps marks they get a few around bundy and Gladstone.

Yes Gladstone Chris . Biggest Blue to drop in my Fish box to date as they hardly get past the mesh barriers .
    Another surprise or News for me today was being told by the Safety Police that one can only keep one Shovel Nose Shark and they are supposed to be top eating !!??.
    And here I've even cussing each n every one I've caught to date as a pain in the butt.
    Mind you do have a soft spot for them and always released with Kindness LOL.
    With the Boyne Tannum Hookup here this weekend and the number of Boats on the water was bound to have been pulled over for a safety check ( good to see too).
    Hook at least two or three most times here or where I fish mostly , notto mention Ray's n Bullsharks LOL.
    Back to the Bluey , thought he was a Thready there at first for a tad ey.
    Still nice feed for Missus , I , Kids n Grandkids midweek .

That's a big bluey .....

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

That’s a horse Blue threadfin, would have been a handful on any gear. They are psychos and go harder than king threadfin. Don’t hear of many that big.

Old mate i visited in Rocky today told me his Missus caught a 94cm Grunter in one of the creeks he Fishes for Whiting some time back somewheres around Zilzie ??...
    Now thats a nice Grunter fer sure ey..

When they are around, you often get more than one. I was fishing for whiting on a beach north of Mackay and hooked three (landed only one due to light gear). Told someone about it and he went there next night and got one as well.

Old mate i visited in Rocky today told me his Missus caught a 94cm Grunter in one of the creeks he Fishes for Whiting some time back somewheres around Zilzie ??...
    Now thats a nice Grunter fer sure ey..
    Nice grunter for sure. Some big fish in creeks around there at times. Have seen big Grunter come out of the downstream reaches of the Fitzroy. (pity there's many more crocs hanging out there as well) Also, a huge jew in Coorooman creek a little while back.

Last trip up that way dropped pick for the night mouth of the Fitroy n picked up Huge Jewie absolutely Gold in colour.
    Released due to closure n size.
    Area i intend fishing more often the Fitroy Delta.

Last trip up that way dropped pick for the night mouth of the Fitroy n picked up Huge Jewie absolutely Gold in colour.
    Released due to closure n size.
    Area i intend fishing more often the Fitroy Delta.

I have caught huge threadfin in the Fitzroy. They are often gold in colour as well.