Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

Yeah it should fix the problem with the outboard, my steering will be the next thing to test its very stiff to turn one way out of the water so much it feels like its about to snap the teeth in the helm

Really dont wanna spend the $ on hydraulic steering

Must be a sharp bend in the cable? is the motor free to turn with the cable disconnected?

Yeah the engine turns freely without the steering hooked up i can actually turn the engine with the steering hooked up too but just trying to turn it by the steering wheel its very very stiff

The steering cable goes from the helm, down under the floor, up out the bilge than it does a big U turn and out the splash well to the engine, cable is 17 foot long and only just fits

Disconnect the cable and straighten it out to see if it's OK with no bends, is the cable new?

Yeah its a whole new steering kit

Unhook the cable and straighten it out and give it a try.

Without the steerling link connected the steering turns fine i think its just a shit chinese inferior steering kit its a copy of teleflex i may just have to buy a new hydraulic steering kit but its money i'd rather not spend

Hey fellas i took the boat out by my self today she reversed off the trailer and drove back on perfect, engine ran beautiful shit tons of power, she reached 60.05kph without full throttle i kept running out of room

And my transom is rock solid

So the alarm business is fixed?

Yup the alarm was because of that switch once i removed the switch the little needle on the end that depresses was half pushed in it wasnt fully extending out like the new switch

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey fellas i took the boat out by my self today she reversed off the trailer and drove back on perfect, engine ran beautiful shit tons of power, she reached 60.05kph without full throttle i kept running out of room

And my transom is rock solid

Congratulations
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Looks good..She got a name yet..?

Im going to work on the seat base next and get that finished need to clear a few bills so financially strapped for now but i pretty much have everything to finish off the seat base and get the seats mounted

The t top will have to wait i need to make sure it'll clear my house roof the eve over hang goes over my driveway

Well done Gaz. Now we just need to see some fish in that boat. 🐟🐟🐟🐟