Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

Thanks guys i found a bloke on youtube that just bent the plastic sheet off the edge of his table with a heat gun

As for the trailer rego i just got confirmation i can take my trailer for a blue slip, i just found a blue slip mechanic but its a 10 day process

why 10 days covid delays?
    just ring around and find another who can do it soon, use to call up a day or two before
    the mechanic across from carasel trailers at granville did them

Its a whole new process for homemade new trailers i need to take the trailer into the blue slip mechanic with all receipts, weigh bridge ticket, and pictures of the trailer need to be emailed to the mechanic, than its a 10 day process for rms than they'll allocate a vin and stamp the trailer and attach a builders plate

I called around 10 places off the rms list that state they do light vehicle unregistered inspections they all said no to a aluminium boat trailer i was getting quiet pissed off as its missleading that they can chose to do a car but not a trailer when they state "all light vehicles"

The boat is off the trailer took about 30mins i used the car heard the tree creek and snap car was smoking the wheels in drive i than used 1st gear and she pulled off

Now to give her a clean and go get a weigh bridge ticket than rego

Trailer went over the weigh bridge came in at exactly 400kg than she went to the mechanics and passed rego inspection im happy as larry

Got home and she reversed up the driveway took around 7 attempts to line her up about 10 cars waiting for me to get off the street quiet a few were impatient

Better than this guy? Skip to 5:56 for the start of the trailer reversing lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    Better than this guy? Skip to 5:56 for the start of the trailer reversing lessons.

Yeah that’s sad what a chit show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol yeah i can reverse pretty good and spot on but i was doing a left hand reverse turn with a big tractor in my blind spot so i couldnt see my driveway plus my car and trailer combo are longer than the 3 car lanes across my road much harder than a boat ramp we have a gutter either side of the driveway too so i needed to be spot on

As for the lost length of 50x10mm 1m long aluminium that was sent to my old house the cops rocked up at my house yesterday asking if the bar was deliberatly sent to the old house by the lady ex partner i was like wtaf i said that my old house and explained the steel factory sent it to my old address and i never went there to pick it up as i moved out 1.5 years ago

I asked if i could pick it up the cop was surprised i wanted it back i said that cost $50!!!

Eventful day for you
    burnouts getting the boat off
    Burnouts backing the trailer back up the driveway
    A empty trailer that will be 1000kg heavier with a boat on it
    buggering your transmission and wondering why a car with several hundred thousand kms on it is buggered after doing burnouts

then the police turning up over a lost package that went to a adress where a nutter calls the police because a package turns up to the wrong address

Might need a nap after a few days of such entertainment

id be getting rid of the v8 and with what you have saved a bf falcon 6 wagon will tow your boat. They have a 2300kg towing capacity and the car will have around 150,000 km
    parts and service are cheap

had a bf series 3 wagon and a xr6 sedan all towed my cruisecraft easy and didn’t chew the juice when not towing

I've chosen to keep the ford LTD its an easy fix for my self but a looooong wait on parts which i cant wait for so it has to get repaired by a shop

I found this ford ute turbo diesel 03 a bit over budget and not sure if my mum could get in it, just seen someones bill fir diesel about $45 for 30 litres geez im getting $25 for 30 litres of lpg quiet the saving
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I found this ford ute turbo diesel 03 a bit over budget and not sure if my mum could get in it, just seen someones bill fir diesel about $45 for 30 litres geez im getting $25 for 30 litres of lpg quiet the saving
    Trayback utes aren't great tow vehicles and that one is limited to 1800kg so no good for your boat anyway.

Economy varies between fuel types because they have different energy densities. The energy density of diesel is about 1.5x that of LPG, so you'd expect to use 45L of LPG to go as far as 30L of diesel (assuming engines perfectly tuned and all else being equal). So LPG ends up being slightly cheaper on your numbers ($37.50 vs $45) but has the disadvantages of reduced range for given fuel volume and weight + loss of space due to LPG tank if not factory fitted underfloor.

Its hard to find a good tow vehicle that my 5 foot tall mum can get into she can only just get into a xtrail, all that were coming up caotivas, couriers, the rare hilux, rodeos just all shit boxes because this corona virus has pushed up all prices

Give a Captiva a miss at any price.