Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Its a lake Noel but yeah a river too there is a risky run in close but heaps of fallen gumtrees and obstructions, the boat has heaps of foam under the floor but i always imagine worse case senarios

Im sure it will be ok the stuff i have done to the hull like trying to roll it over and pulling it off the trailer and she hasnt cracked or split is a good indicator im just nervous
    Take it to George’s River (Davy Robinson Park - Ramp), Davy Robinson Drive, Moorebank.

Plenty of river to test boat and if you do it mid week, there will be next to nobody on the river.

Good luck with trials, when you can do them.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Take it to George’s River (Davy Robinson Park - Ramp), Davy Robinson Drive, Moorebank.

Plenty of river to test boat and if you do it mid week, there will be next to nobody on the river.

Good luck with trials, when you can do them.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast
    The current rips through the river pretty strong so im going to the lake for maiden where the current only has the liverpool lake and the weir so it should be ok if i break down and anchor

My t top welded up and the roof cut i just need to weld on some feet and gussets on the feet
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thick bead of sika on that frame before the sheet goes down will help with vibrations later gaz...

If you can’t powder coat a coat of white enamel on top will stop it cooking in the sun

Yeah i was going to seal her up Cobbo so theres no leaks on a rainy day

I'll see how she goes first before i consider painting, painting will likely require sanding and prepping plus etch prime and might cost a few bob

Got my car back, transmission guy said the transmission is pretty worn and dirty i had it serviced but no idea if he put new fluid in or just cleaned the old fluid he mentioned to just drive it untill the transmission fails than rebuild it at $2200!!!

Called up to finish off the blue slip on the trailer old mate said to call on monday i called today the receptionist said it'll take 10 days

As for the t top i mig welded everything yesterday some good some shitty welds, i plan on tig welding the feet and gussets

Got my car back, transmission guy said the transmission is pretty worn and dirty i had it serviced but no idea if he put new fluid in or just cleaned the old fluid he mentioned to just drive it untill the transmission fails than rebuild it at $2200!!!
    Should be on the invoice.
    I'd say that's good advice. Cost me more to do a 91 Fairlaine transmission back in 96 or so. Heat is the killer. When the torque converter is acting like a clutch, all that heat destroys the oil and the transmission down the track.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    Should be on the invoice.
    I'd say that's good advice. Cost me more to do a 91 Fairlaine transmission back in 96 or so. Heat is the killer. When the torque converter is acting like a clutch, all that heat destroys the oil and the transmission down the track.

I asked if the xr8 transmission fit because it was amore common car to be sold the bloke said good luck finding one

I came home tried searching for second hand gearboxes found 1 at $800, 1 at $2050 recoed, another at $3000 must be made of titanium!!

My lights the white light was classed as "very bright" hence i chose it but its not very bright at all the red and green lights are a fair amount brighter

The red and green only have 1 screw too which is weird as the light may rotate
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't comment on the white lights brightness but the port and starboard lights have a protrusion where the cable comes which will stop them rotating.

I asked if the xr8 transmission fit because it was amore common car to be sold the bloke said good luck finding one

I came home tried searching for second hand gearboxes found 1 at $800, 1 at $2050 recoed, another at $3000 must be made of titanium!!
    Not 100% on that era Fords but I'd guess an xr8 and Fairlaine have same transmission anyway. That's the way Ford have always done it. If you reco yours, you have a known good transmission and it's just the other crappy Ford bits that will fail. That's if you keep it....if selling it to get something else with unknown issues then doesn't matter.

My lights the white light was classed as "very bright" hence i chose it but its not very bright at all the red and green lights are a fair amount brighter

The red and green only have 1 screw too which is weird as the light may rotate
    That white light should be more than bright enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    That white light should be more than bright enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It may be bright enough only just as a anchor light but i reckon it wouldnt be seen from 1km away

On a scale the red/green lights are at 100 brightness the white light is probably 65% the brightness