Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

Fit a master battery switch and remember to turn it off

I havent finished the boat yet the electrical wiring cost a lot of money i am running 3 gauge starter cables at 1.5m once routed through the cowling they only reach into the splash well

So when i get around to it and i get the money i'll wire in the 2 batteries and a on/off switch

I must have drove the boat on the trailer and left the key on all night and the next day, battery was reading 13.1v after 24 hours off the charger

From my calculations i have put around 1h 45mins on the engine and used 30 litres of fuel im not good at maths so thats around 18 litres per hour

Edit i got that wrong i done 2.2 hours engine time and used 30 litres so thst is less than 15 litres per hour
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unless you know the speed you are travelling at 18l per hour or the distance covered using x amount of litres then its meaningless.

Just getting 2.2 hours run time to 30 litres sounds good to me, i was meant to head out yesterday but it was blowing a gale so maybe tomorrow will be better

Since the vessel view is on my mobile im going to get someone else to screen shot my readings at 30, 40, 50, 60kph than work out which speed i best get fuel economy than just use my fish finders speed to go by

Gallons/litres per hour, miles per gallon, litres per kilometre, or whatever else you come up with are all useful in some way, it depends on your individual use as to what suits you best.

OH, and you will find nearly all outboards (if propped correctly) will get best fuel economy at 3,500-4,500RPM after 4,000ish they start to use a lot more fuel, just as they do when ploughing through the water.

Getting pretty good fuel economy @ 39.5kph im getting 2.27kph per litre really stoked with thats with 4 adults on board

I was doing 40kph in just under 1.5m swell and chop she just smashes threw it i have video i'll upload some later tired as
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres 1 video doing 40kph in around 1.2m swell plus chop it was much rougher than in the video

so thats about a cruise speed of 22 knots @ 4200rpm , go the carribean nice work

Heres another run outside just off cronulla beach

Is your battery unrestrained floating in saltwater in your splash well ?
    And you say my vertical rod holders are unsafe lol

aoart from the obvious dodginess make sure you wash it well
    salt when it drys will allow the battery to short between the neg poss and drain it as salt can conduct electricity

Battery in the engine well. What could possibly go wrong!

Already explained it on this page..