Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Heavy Duty Homemade Trailer Mover

Re: Super Heavy Duty Homemade Trailer Mover

He wheels are just placed on the axle for a look and im kinda bummed about my large sprocket it wobbles around 5-7mm out of line the axle sprocket plate must have warped as i squared it up and tacked it before running a bead so since its all together now i can only think of welding on some chain guides nearing the entry and exit point on the sprocket
    Attached Images Attached Images

I cut back my axle on both sides, made a couple hubs, installed the drive chain the chain is a bit loose as its between links to short for the correct legnth and too long to fit, my plan is to give her a few pulls up and down the driveway as the chain stretches i should be able to remove the link

Its a bit wonkey on the big sprocket as previously mentioned (warped axle plate)

I have everything now to get it to a testing stage, tomorrow i will weld the hubs on than bolt on both wheels than i will weld on the mounting pole from the old mini mover 2 and i should be testing it tomorrow hopefully before dark but will see

Got her to testing stage shes under the trailer hooked up right now but the trailer wont budge masive amount of torque but she wont move i just had heat stroke and throwing me guts up but i will give her another go shortly the 2 wheels just fit perfectly down 1 strip of driveway concrete

I tried to pushe her back but the loose chain slipped on the sprocket

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/223661518806 make up some sort of plate or make something like this since you didn’t incorporate some way of adjusting the chain .
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I welded a bar horozontally to tighten the chain it seems to have worked, the trailer mover has a heap of grip its very hard to turn but i still dont have enought towball weight to pull the trailer up the end of the driveway it pushes backwards fine tho

It's hard to turn because both wheels are fixed to the axle, driving all the time, like an LSD in a car.

Yeah i gathered that plus the wheels are wider than the little single wheel, in the video i tried putting my body weight on the trailer but it was hard to operate the switch, i'll go out soon and try stand on the trailer and see if 94kg extra up front works

Ok i jumped on the front end of the trailer 94kgs added but she still can't get the traction, since she moves backwards ok i know the wheels are turning ok and freely

What i actually thinking is happening the front wheels are trying to go up the concrete driveway and the trailer wheight is shifting from all 4 to the front 2 wheels

Anyway i'll take the pets in side and get the car out the back and pull her up on the driveway half of the driveway is concrete so once on there i can move the trailer back and gorth to line her up using the trailer mover i may dare move her out the front and see if i can successfully move her back in

Just about to bung in two high quality Narva brand relays and this trailer mover will be up for sale, i have decided its to much of a .... around it takes me up to 2.5 hours to load up and pack away the trailer everytime i wanna go out

We were suppose to get a full concrete driveway but only two slabs were replaced im going to make some homemade concrete pavers to fit between my driveway and grab another mini mover 2

I didnt realse my homemade mover would need the trailer jacked up over 15 times a day just to use it, trying to turn the homemade trailer mover is impossible that thing does not budge 10mm so i have to jack the trailer just to turn the wheels sometimes just to move 30cm

You can't reverse engineer the one you have back to something useful?

Matt

I'm not sure what i could do to make it usable the wheels are to wide and to much traction to turn it while its on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I'm not sure what i could do to make it usable the wheels are to wide and to much traction to turn it while its on the ground
    Yep its a dud..

Look at how a skid steer loader operates and you will see your principle is flawed..no way to turn with 2 fixed driving wheels unless you can lock one of them while the other is still going..

Simple physics Gazza....time to chuck it in the creek .....

Hey guys can someone help me out here i have the worse knowledge on electronics so i turned to youtube for guidance trying to rewire dual relays but i keep getting sparks, hot turminals its a nightmare i have nfi what im doing the narva relays have no markings to say which terminal is which

I have just gotten the shits and pulled the harness off

I have connected the two motor wires to the battery to make sure the motor is working and it is

Can i just hook up a 12 volt reverseable switch that can handle 40amps? And be done with this relay garbage?

giphy (1).jpg

Matt....