Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Heavy Duty Homemade Trailer Mover

Super Heavy Duty Homemade Trailer Mover

Seeing the forum is slow i'll post this up, its a homemade trailer mover using the mini mover 2 motor and gearbox

The steel is 10mm thick and 16mm thick the chassis will be welded, the wheel hubs and axle drive sprocket mount will be welded

Running 2x 40mm bearing flanges and a 39mm axle

This is how it sits atm took 2 hoursto drill that steel today, hopping to have the other side done tomorrow

The mini mover 2 had agear reduction of 492 to 1 i have taking that ratio and gone3 to 1 on top of that so i should have enormous amount of torque

3rd pic needs to be cut in half and welded down
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Super Heavy Duty Homemade Trailer Mover

ppppppppppppppppppppp

got love torque , nice

Don't forget you are using bigger wheels, so your gear ratio is changed in the final drive.

Yeah i calculated the final drive at the axle sprocket diameter of 235mm, im likely going to use 2 of these go kart wheels

Will you need knobby tyres for grip on the grass?

I mostly want traction up the concrete driveway atlease one wheel on the driveway but im hopping i can get a little traction on the level grass in the backyard to offset the boat from the driveway incase someone wants to try flog it

One hole left to drill for the bearing flange than i'll start welding, i ordered the best rods for welding some WIA Weldarc 13S rods, just waiting for the rods and some cutting disc to come in the mail

The axle will likely be on the bottom so the sprocket clears the top cover

if its a proper kart tyre they are only rate to around 20 psi, i use to run 8 psi in my kart wets

its likely to delaminate out just wear out super quick as the wets have a super soft compound
    im not sure they will handle 200+kg of weight and force applied to them

Thanks i will go with a couple 8 inch trailer wheels, trying to avoid the offroad tyres as they'll just chew up my yard

The original mini mover 2 8.3 inch wheel worked great on the concrete and it even worked on the grass and soft dirt just pushing the hull and trailer (no engine) but the single skinny wheel was limited ifit hit grass over the concrete or mould it would slip

Ifi can keep one of these wheels on the concrete up and down the driveway it should work really good

Hey guys progress has stalled this lock down is crap i have to wait 1 week for ebay deliveries or 3 days for pick up from bunnings my hold up atm is grinder cutting disc, i just spoke to a lady at bunnings she said since theres no walk in they are getting thousands of orders everyday i was very surprised they must be rolling in money and thats just one store..

So im waiting to get the cutting disc than i will keep going

Hopping to drill my axle hole for my big sprocket today but i cant cut any material

Found a couple spare cutting disc in the shed, this is just a bit of axle offcut for the picture, the axle will be welded to the 10mm plate

Stick welded my sprocket carrier to the driveshaft welds came out nice should be strong

Little more progress the trailer mover is being built uoside down as pictured, the sides need to be shorten so the motor and planetary gearbox can fit there will likely be a couple braces across the bottom over the smaller sprocket

Got the best welding rods money can buy arrived today WIA 13S and i ordered 2, 16x5x6 wheels as pictured i went with these due to the wide flat tread, also have a length of 530 high tensile motorcycle chain coming