Thread: Catch it?

Catch it?

Has anyone used one of these boat snares and can give an opinion? Thanks
    Snare.jpg

Re: Catch it?

Can help with this brands. Doesn’t appear to be any reviews online. There are plenty of reviews relating to the L & R brand.

I suppose they all work to some degree, but I’m not sure if you would catch and release the band each time (see link). The spring loaded brand would appear to be more consistent.

I’m no expert, and don’t have one on my boat, just forming opinion from what I see

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Thanks Shakey, I have had 'the boat latch', 'the boat catch', and 'katchya' on previous boats and found the katchya the best imo but can't seem to find them again. I was just curious about these snares with less moving parts and more affordable atm.

I have a Telwater one on my trailer.....greatest thing around.
    No more wet feet on launch or retrieval.
    Jack.

Removed one off a polycraft work purchased to be used as a tender on one of the tugs. Simple enough and I see no reason they wouldn't work but they do look rather "agricultural" by comparison to the other variations of the theme.

. Agricultural!

L n R
    simple and brillant

We fitted the "recover ezy" type to my sons stacer proline. works a treat and very simple setup, may need adjusting every now and then, dont know yet, but compared to the L an R which also works well but requires a lot of cocking around to get right, I think for the money the snare type is worth the risk.

Mark

"Catchit"
    That reminds me,
    Many years ago Im sure there was a new to the fishing world artificial bait product with the same name, and did I read a fishing magazine article about it, where the author asked how you keep the cat on the boat?
    Could be wrong, things are getting foggy in the Autumn years.

Mark