Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

  1. #31

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Are u trying for a weight to.be under?

  2. #32

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    including trailer and 100lt lt of fuel is 4.3t

    Towed by a 2500 petrol ram, payload of which is 1340kg. with a 4.5t rating 70m hitch, tri axle GFAB trailer.
    it will be a big boat for sure. but we have done a fair amount to weigh it correctly and have the weight where we want it

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  3. #33

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    few more progress photos

















    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  4. #34

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Iím wondering what is the go with down rating a Dodge Ram 2500 to only 4.5 T?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  5. #35

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Sorry mate not sure I follow
    .?
    Down rating the ram to 4.5t ??

  6. #36
    Ausfish Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kalbarri, WA

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Ok, can see them now.

  7. #37
    Ausfish Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kalbarri, WA

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    That would be so it can be driven on a normal Class c ( car) licence. Anything over 4.5 tonne GVM ( not towing (BTC) capacity) needs to up to the lower class of truck licence.So they de-rated the 2500 from what it would carry, for example, in the US. Don't confuse GVM and BTC. I see they are now going to bring the Ram 3500 into Austrlia. Not one article I saw about it thought to point out that you won't be driving it on a car licence. And they have exactly ( in Australia) the same towing limit as the 2500, ( 4.5 tonne on 70mm ball, 8 tonne on gooseneck) but with a larger payload ( so GCM is up)

  8. #38

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    That would be so it can be driven on a normal Class c ( car) licence. Anything over 4.5 tonne GVM ( not towing (BTC) capacity) needs to up to the lower class of truck licence.So they de-rated the 2500 from what it would carry, for example, in the US. Don't confuse GVM and BTC. I see they are now going to bring the Ram 3500 into Austrlia. Not one article I saw about it thought to point out that you won't be driving it on a car licence. And they have exactly ( in Australia) the same towing limit as the 2500, ( 4.5 tonne on 70mm ball, 8 tonne on gooseneck) but with a larger payload ( so GCM is up)

    ah ok now I understand. So if you have a medium rigid licence you can buy the 2500/3500 RAM and maintain the 8T tow capacity.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  9. #39

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    And $170k and a MASSIVE shed, but I spose if you have an 8+ metre boat, you probably have those

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  10. #40

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Yes correct. Our client has opted for the Petrol 2500 which has a higher payload. allowing a larger capacity on the towball (450kg) and still comfortably have people in the car without exceeding GCM. but yes they their medium rigid

    im actually going for my medium rigid soon. any tips ??

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  11. #41

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    MR is relatively easy enough to get, just do what's required in your state, or use a truck driving school.

  12. #42

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    thanks..great photo time line of the build.....just waiting for the pictures of the barbettes and armour plating.......

  13. #43

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    so she has a hat!

    Hardtop is making its way onto the superstructure today





    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  14. #44

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    Yes correct. Our client has opted for the Petrol 2500 which has a higher payload. allowing a larger capacity on the towball (450kg) and still comfortably have people in the car without exceeding GCM. but yes they their medium rigid

    im actually going for my medium rigid soon. any tips ??
    they have an MR licence but still opted to down rate the tow vehicle by nearly half? Was that a registration cost saving decision or similar?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  15. #45

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    sorry im not quite following, we havnt downrated anything?

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us