Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 52 of 52

Thread: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

  1. #46

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    sorry im not quite following, we havnt downrated anything?
    a 2500 RAM comes with a factory 8T towing capacity. Not 4.5T. I understand you can “down rate” the tow capacity in Australia so you can drive it on a normal car licence. If you already have an MR licence, why would you register it with only 4.5T?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  2. #47

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Nothing has been downrated to 4.5t . That is the maximum tow rating for a 70mm towball hitch which this trailer will have. If we had a pintle. Or fithwheel we could tow a lot more than 4.5t.

  3. #48
    Ausfish Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kalbarri, WA

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Remember that whatever the Tow rating of a vehicle in Australia, you can't put more than 4.5 tonne behind a towball ( 70mm) Now we know we can go to 8 tonne for that vehicle with a gooseneck/ 5th wheel setup, but what about pintle hitch? Doesn't that fall somewhere in the middle?

  4. #49

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    yeah if you have a rated tobar and rated pintle you can go up to 8t . though trailers that size would require airbrakes

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  5. #50
    Ausfish Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Kalbarri, WA

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    yes, that was the difference.

  6. #51

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Thats a pretty tight backside coming together on the Elite 9

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  7. #52

    Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

    Some more detail of the port side that will later house the folding and removeable teak table, icemaker (yes you read that correctly)
    folding seats. power points, lighting, Czone touch panel and you can just see in the picture where the bar will go......................yep, you read that correctly also!


    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us