Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    sorry im not quite following, we havnt downrated anything?
    a 2500 RAM comes with a factory 8T towing capacity. Not 4.5T. I understand you can “down rate” the tow capacity in Australia so you can drive it on a normal car licence. If you already have an MR licence, why would you register it with only 4.5T?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Nothing has been downrated to 4.5t . That is the maximum tow rating for a 70mm towball hitch which this trailer will have. If we had a pintle. Or fithwheel we could tow a lot more than 4.5t.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Remember that whatever the Tow rating of a vehicle in Australia, you can't put more than 4.5 tonne behind a towball ( 70mm) Now we know we can go to 8 tonne for that vehicle with a gooseneck/ 5th wheel setup, but what about pintle hitch? Doesn't that fall somewhere in the middle?

yeah if you have a rated tobar and rated pintle you can go up to 8t . though trailers that size would require airbrakes

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

yes, that was the difference.

Thats a pretty tight backside coming together on the Elite 9

www.moosemarine.com.au

Some more detail of the port side that will later house the folding and removeable teak table, icemaker (yes you read that correctly)
    folding seats. power points, lighting, Czone touch panel and you can just see in the picture where the bar will go......................yep, you read that correctly also!

www.moosemarine.com.au

we are getting the point end of fabrication. it will be coming out of the shed later next week. off to get dry fit up. then off to get fill and paint.

www.moosemarine.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member

Looking good. What is the capacity/power draw of the icemaker? I was looking at a small 12v the other day. it would be shore based for remote, but I came the conclusion that that one, at least, was too much hard work. And I still reckon he's wrong for not getting a toilet. I've seen toilets/shower combos built into smaller rigs than that with no real loss of space. Doing extended trips with a mob of blokes means that they'll likely be swagging it on deck anyway, bunk space will just be storage space, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Looking good. What is the capacity/power draw of the icemaker? I was looking at a small 12v the other day. it would be shore based for remote, but I came the conclusion that that one, at least, was too much hard work. And I still reckon he's wrong for not getting a toilet. I've seen toilets/shower combos built into smaller rigs than that with no real loss of space. Doing extended trips with a mob of blokes means that they'll likely be swagging it on deck anyway, bunk space will just be storage space, I'd imagine.
    Hi mate
    so the icemaker is 1.6amp 240v or 380watts so it will be pulling from the inverter when away from shore power. we went with a 400AH Mastervolt lithium and 300w of solar . that was the maximum solar for the buuilt in MPPT regulator on the inveter. space wise we can fit 500w of solar. so on a different outfit we could have the icemaker power positive. in this instance its plenty for the drips out. making 18kg of ice a day. it will be use mostly for slurry . we have a rather insane insulated kill tank just in the floor beside the icemaker.

This boat does have a toilet, we have a full stand up bathroom in the bow of the boat. with a 30lt black water holding tank and eletric salt water flush marine head, "and vanity, etc" one of my big points in this design was to have a full, easy to get in and out of standing bathroom. "both for the clients wife/daughter/daughters friends" but also really.. for anybody! lol.

www.moosemarine.com.au

Hi Moose, Have been watching this and enjoying the progress and the thought that has gone into the design and fit out. Looking forward to the final fit out.

I was fishing in the Brisbane River a few months back and one of these designed boats went pass and looked pretty nice. The river was very flat at the time and it was certainly powering on. I was going to try and follow and have a good look but the tinny was no match and soon disappeared in the distance. Interesting to see how they handle some real sea.

Keep the photos coming.

big day!! pulled out of the shed on a Gfab trailer off to get some dry fit started!

www.moosemarine.com.au

Superb looking boat

thanks mate! she makes the landcruiser look a little bit small thats for sure!

www.moosemarine.com.au

Impressive what’s the total trailered weight going to be ?