Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

Re: Elite 8.9 - Moose Marine

Are u trying for a weight to.be under?

including trailer and 100lt lt of fuel is 4.3t

Towed by a 2500 petrol ram, payload of which is 1340kg. with a 4.5t rating 70m hitch, tri axle GFAB trailer.
    it will be a big boat for sure. but we have done a fair amount to weigh it correctly and have the weight where we want it

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

few more progress photos

www.moosemarine.com.au

I’m wondering what is the go with down rating a Dodge Ram 2500 to only 4.5 T?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Sorry mate not sure I follow
    .?
    Down rating the ram to 4.5t ??

Ausfish Platinum Member

Ok, can see them now.

Ausfish Platinum Member

That would be so it can be driven on a normal Class c ( car) licence. Anything over 4.5 tonne GVM ( not towing (BTC) capacity) needs to up to the lower class of truck licence.So they de-rated the 2500 from what it would carry, for example, in the US. Don't confuse GVM and BTC. I see they are now going to bring the Ram 3500 into Austrlia. Not one article I saw about it thought to point out that you won't be driving it on a car licence. And they have exactly ( in Australia) the same towing limit as the 2500, ( 4.5 tonne on 70mm ball, 8 tonne on gooseneck) but with a larger payload ( so GCM is up)

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    That would be so it can be driven on a normal Class c ( car) licence. Anything over 4.5 tonne GVM ( not towing (BTC) capacity) needs to up to the lower class of truck licence.So they de-rated the 2500 from what it would carry, for example, in the US. Don't confuse GVM and BTC. I see they are now going to bring the Ram 3500 into Austrlia. Not one article I saw about it thought to point out that you won't be driving it on a car licence. And they have exactly ( in Australia) the same towing limit as the 2500, ( 4.5 tonne on 70mm ball, 8 tonne on gooseneck) but with a larger payload ( so GCM is up)

ah ok now I understand. So if you have a medium rigid licence you can buy the 2500/3500 RAM and maintain the 8T tow capacity.

And $170k and a MASSIVE shed, but I spose if you have an 8+ metre boat, you probably have those

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes correct. Our client has opted for the Petrol 2500 which has a higher payload. allowing a larger capacity on the towball (450kg) and still comfortably have people in the car without exceeding GCM. but yes they their medium rigid

im actually going for my medium rigid soon. any tips ??

www.moosemarine.com.au

MR is relatively easy enough to get, just do what's required in your state, or use a truck driving school.

thanks..great photo time line of the build.....just waiting for the pictures of the barbettes and armour plating.......

so she has a hat!

Hardtop is making its way onto the superstructure today

www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    Yes correct. Our client has opted for the Petrol 2500 which has a higher payload. allowing a larger capacity on the towball (450kg) and still comfortably have people in the car without exceeding GCM. but yes they their medium rigid

im actually going for my medium rigid soon. any tips ??
    they have an MR licence but still opted to down rate the tow vehicle by nearly half? Was that a registration cost saving decision or similar?

sorry im not quite following, we havnt downrated anything?

www.moosemarine.com.au