Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good fishing spots, Molonglo River, Canberra

Good fishing spots, Molonglo River, Canberra

Hello All,

Starting a new thread as I would like to share some of my good fishing spots in Molonglo River, Canberra. The spots shown in the attached image below are not easy to reach but that's exactly what makes them such good fishing spots. I have been fishing in this area a while now and will post some of my fishing reports from this area over the next few days. Stay tuned!

Re: Good fishing spots, Molonglo River, Canberra

As promised, here is my first fishing report video from Molonglo River in Canberra. This video report shows a 62cm Murray Cod being caught from spot #4 as shown in the map in the previous post above.

thanks for sharing some freshwater action , job well done

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    thanks for sharing some freshwater action , job well done
    Thanks mate. Appreciated.

Here is the second video report of the series. This time I was fishing between spots #2 and #3 as shown in the map at top of this thread:

Here is the third video report of the series. Once again I was fishing between spots #2 and #3 as shown in the map at top of this thread:

Nice fish

tried artificials at all or just bait ?
    with all this rain blowering and burrinjuck are releasing water and the Murrumbidgee is flowing hard it’s the highest I’ve seen it in the 6 years I’ve been here

heading to blowering Sunday if I can be motivated to deal with the cold

The local nature reserves and parks in Canberra finally opened after weeks of strict lockdown and I was able to catch my first fish in several weeks. This video report shows a 59cm Carp being caught between spot #2 and #3 as shown on map in the post at top.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Nice fish

tried artificials at all or just bait ?
    with all this rain blowering and burrinjuck are releasing water and the Murrumbidgee is flowing hard it’s the highest I’ve seen it in the 6 years I’ve been here

heading to blowering Sunday if I can be motivated to deal with the cold
    Sorry, just saw your message as I have not checked messages in weeks.
    Just bait, artificials don't work very well in Lower Molonglo River.

Another fishing trip to Molonglo River. Large Murray Cod got away but caught a 60cm Carp. Watch the video report below. This was at spot #1 as shown on map in the post at top.

Can't fathom burning spots like this for YouTube views. Surely you can't be popular with the locals.

Is he just trying to get site visits up so he can make money out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
    Can't fathom burning spots like this for YouTube views. Surely you can't be popular with the locals.
    This is my Tier2 spot, so don't mind sharing the location. I have a Tier1 spot which will remain secret until I have found something even better.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Is he just trying to get site visits up so he can make money out of it?
    A few thousand views don't make much money. I share the location of my Tier2 fishing spots because I remember how frustrated I was few years ago while trying to find good fishing spots in Canberra. Rest assured that my Tier1 spot for Murray Cod will remain secret until I find something even better.

Another trip to Molonglo River and this time I caught the big Murray Cod that got away last time and it was a new PB. Watch the video report below. This was at spot #1 as shown on map in the post at top.