Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good fishing spots in Durras North, South Coast NSW

Re: Good fishing spots in Durras North, South Coast NSW

Some nice meals there. I grew up in WA and caught a lot of wirrah. I didn't know they were found on this side of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremic View Post
    Some nice meals there. I grew up in WA and caught a lot of wirrah. I didn't know they were found on this side of the country.
    I was always told that they were nicnamed a Boot because they were as tough as leather.

Thanks.
    Wirrah Cod is pretty rare on South Coast. Caught only one after months of fishing in Durras North.

Here is the last video report from Durras North. This trip was with friends. You can see us fishing from spot #3 and #6 as shown in the map screenshot at the top of this thread:

I hope that I have managed to convince you that Durras North is an excellent area for fishing. There is plenty of variety and the fish are not too difficult to catch here. If you ever visit South Coast then fishing at Durras North is recommended.

If I visit Durras North again in future, which is highly likely, then I will post more video reports in this thread.

I am currently fishing around Tathra area, when not prevented by COVID lock-downs, and will start a new thread for Tathra if results are good. Stay tuned!

Another successful trip to Durras North that yielded 2x Banjo Shark. This is at spot #6 as shown in the map on top of this thread.

Another trip to Durras, this time to South Durras. Ended up catching a Port Jackson Shark, my first one. Watch the video report below: