Thread: Bulwar - it's terrible don't go there

Bulwar - it's terrible don't go there

A month back went with wife and little man to Bulwar camping
    Firstly Ella wanted to go on the barge for the long weekend and we found to go Friday we had to be on 5am trip hence leaving home 3.30am
    Return on barge was booked out for Monday which meant that we could only get mid-day return on Sunday.
    Cost for barge $400 and 4WD permit, and camping another $67
    Above didn't really work well so I recommended there and back on boat going Friday mid morning and returning Monday middayish
    With my boat option the cost was about $130 versus $470 with an extra day and convenient travel times and total lost $67 if weather trashed and trip cancelled
    We got there late Friday morning at low tide which I thought wasn't great as further to walk with gear
    It turned out the shore break and any wave action was minimal and calm compared at lowtide to hightide when waves hit the shore making boat loading/unloading a lot more difficult
    We didn't go light and I have no regrets as it was super comfortable with tent, awning, out-loo, refrigerator and battery, double queensized air bed, firewood, chairs, tables etc etc
    I took outhouse flush portaloo for the boss and that combined with solar freshwater shower with 40 litres of shower water and happy wife equals happy life
    Small human was happy paddling about in canoe I brought along to avoid swimming in shark infested water whilst anchoring the boat offshore at dusk
    Little man also got into snorkelling the wrecks and sand taboganing the sandhills
    Our camp-site was remote from others and we only chatted within our family and just waved to passers-by - as couples occasionally walked by on dusk
    4WD traffic was more at low tide or barge time and zero at high tide although still passable on the soft sand
    Perfect sunsets with port and cognac beside a fireplace was just terrible
    Don't go IMG_20210424_143307.jpgIMG_20210424_143332.jpgIMG_20210424_143239.jpgIMG_20210424_143247.jpgsignal-2021-04-27-143000.jpegIMG_20210425_113413.jpgIMG_20210425_145510.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev

Re: Bulwar - it's terrible don't go there

Nice one mate. Hard to believe how close you are to Brisbane when you are over there. So lucky 👍👍

Looks like a great weekend. Make sure you keep an eye on your boats over there. Mate had his "float away" - never to be seen again despite being dual anchored.

Blog Entries

Looks and sounds terrible Trev, thanks for the warning

Certainly looks terrible. Happy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody horrible place, thanks for the warning. Just be aware of westerlies there.