Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The great fridge debate

Re: The great fridge debate

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    One point to note was backflow from low drain electronics

When I installed my 2 x Victron charges to manage the 2 x LiFePO$ batteries (leccy) I made sure that each charger connected through their own breaker ..... this way when not in use (plugged in to 240 volt) - I trip the breaker & there is no backflow to the charger .

I cant remember the exact figure but it's something like 0.5amps ..... that's 12 amps / day In my case - just over 9 days my chargers could flatten my Batteries & another couple of days we could permanently damage them

Certainly food for thought.

Chris
    What model Victron charges are you using. I wouldn't have thought you would get back flow as this could damage the chargers ? I actually thought the chargers would have protection built in for this.

I see that National Luna fridges are being sold by Anaconda now - worth having a look if you are in the market for a new fridge .

http://www.anacondastores.com/campin...zer/BP90174202
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by brett62 View Post
    What model Victron charges are you using. I wouldn't have thought you would get back flow as this could damage the chargers ? I actually thought the chargers would have protection built in for this.
    Bluesmart 12/25

I just had a look at the data sheet ...... I thought that the power draw was 0.5amps - its actually in watts so it's around 0.042 amps (1 amp / day) - This power is used for the LEDs & bluetooth monitoring .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO