Thread: Proper Service Manual

Proper Service Manual

Hi everyone,
    Are proper outboard service manuals available to the public ?
    I was thinking now that Mercury have a new engine out maybe whatever copyright restrictions may be on their way out soon ?
    Ive got a 2016 Merc 150 four stroke and I’d like to learn more about the engine for my own interest. Especially now I don’t have to worry about warranty and I can do a lot of service work myself.
    Like a proper car service manual that has exploded diagrams of mechanical parts and showing where things are and detailed electrical diagrams of everything.
    I’ve already got the owners service manual - that’s pretty basic but useful.
    I imagine there’s a service manual for authorised Merc mechanics that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Proper Service Manual

Yeah there are service manuals out there i think possibly Clymer do one, i just checked https://www.clymer.com/

Don't besuckered into buying online manuals that only stay valid for 2 months a hard book isworth its value there about $50

Thanks gazza
    Yes I prefer a printed version.
    I had a look at the clymer site and couldn’t see anything that covers a 2016 150 Fourstroke.

Don't bother with the after market manuals. For lack of a better description, they are shit compared to genuine factory ones - at least for Evinrude they are so I can't imagine them being different for other makes. The Merc ones seem to be available in the states via the web so they should be here too.

Thanks scottar I’m browsing now (hard at work) but haven’t found one that’s beyond mid 2000’s.
    Maybe big brother on the work PC I’m using is limiting my search results ?
    I’ll have to wait until the morning and try at home.

Agree, buy a genuine manual, the generic ones are better than nothing, but a factory manual for your specific model is worth every dollar.

a second vote for the genuine manual - they are the 'only' one to get