Thread: 420 renegade in floor battery box

420 renegade in floor battery box

Hi does anyone have a quintrex 420 renegade or stacer equivalent with the infloor battery box that could send a photo of where it’s placed please ?

I have the older model and had the local dealer order me in the rotomoulded box but he had no floor stock so I could check where it went

thanks in advance

Re: 420 renegade in floor battery box

Not too sure exactly where it fits, but, when you pull the floor up, there is a section about the middle where the underfloor tank fits, and another smaller bit behind that, which I guess is where the battery will fit. I am going to cut my floor and fit a bigger storage thing in there, and put my battery in that as well, I was thinking of moving it right up the front, under the hatches up there.

image.jpgGot the floor out ok
    Found this photo on the internet
    Attachment 123977

just not sure if anything else is suppose to be supporting it bracing wise
    30kg of battery seems to ask a lot of a plastic box I think
    I have the front 60l live well and the battery up in the last little compartment and it doesn’t fit that well and touches the bottom sheets which isn’t ideal.

Is that at the front, just behind the hatches?

yes thats where the new 420 has it placed

anyway i started cutting just got to go to capral tomorrow and wok out what i can buy to brace the floor

What are you going to do for a lid? Just a ply piece with carpet and hinges?

Having issues replying and posting images of late

a piece of carpeted ply with fabric tabs to lift it and Velcro to hold it down

not going to risk it so dropped it off to a fabricator in town they are going to add some supports and fix some of the quintrex quality welding I’ve found in my three year old boat

where’s ronje and his love of quintrex quality lol

I thought it was just me having trouble, the site is that painfully slow that sometimes I just can't be bothered with replies.

Attachment 123997

hopefully this uploads
    got it back Wednesday had a complete box made for the rotomoulded quintrex box to sit in
    that two weld repairs was $180

had to run some longer cable and cable glands carpet and so on so all up was a $300 exercise
    waiting for the sealer to dry where I cut the floors then to try and get them back in and make the hatch

the attachment didn't show on my screen
    The site has been ordinary for a while, just will have to persevere

Thanks dignity

will post it up when I can

gain the front hatch back now for storage as all it had was a battery in there which I couldn’t fit a lid on so kept it empty apart from the battery

Finally worked out how to post photos

all cables rerouted and lengthened, just have to make a hatch but its too cold here atm to use any glues

i was a bit out on the right hand floor panel cutting but im not pulling it out again to rectify
    197419176_294889695681917_3932720926438778462_n.jpg