Thread: inline filter

inline filter

hi all
    what type of inline filters are people using on their 2 stroke outboards
    cheers snap

Re: inline filter

Eastener RWB-5344 with clear catch bowl. They work fine with straight unleaded or premix.

Hello,
    is your motor pre-mix or a self mixing?
    I run a simple car type RYCO on my self-mixing Yamaha, it is straight petrol going through the filter.
    I have previously used the same type of filter on a pre-mix outboard with no problems.
    I have never seen any rubbish trapped in the filter so I can't help but think that I am worrying about nothing.

Crocodile
    what type are you using like what number a z 14 or something
    cheers snap

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    I run a simple car type RYCO on my self-mixing Yamaha, it is straight petrol going through the filter.
    I have never seen any rubbish trapped in the filter so I can't help but think that I am worrying about nothing.
    Typical inline car filters aren't fuel/water separating filters, so they'll protect your engine from bulk debris but not from contamination. Water contamination tends to be what causes fuelling issues on boats so worth putting in a fuel/water separator IMO if you're going to run anything.

Many outboards have a small inline debris filter under the cowling somewhere to deal with debris.