Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thinking of ordering a Simrad 12" for the tinny...

Re: thinking of ordering a Simrad 12" for the tinny...

What are the do's and don'ts for firing up the fish finder out of the water? I wanna test it out but remember leaving a mates one turned on for 3 or 4 days out of the water and wrecking it

leave the transducer unplugged or turn off the sounder transmission.

You should be able to go into the menu and pause the sonar

Thanks guys i left the transducer unplugged, the maps on this unit is unreal the detail is awesome juat like navionics

Hey guys i dont wanna ask this anywhere local because its a great fishing spot but is there anyway of reading the total distance on the black line travelled? The inittial turn on of the lowrance hook 9 started from our take off location but i had a error the whole way untill i done a factory reset than the sonar worked, gps worked the whole trip, im trying to work out how many kms my boat travelled yesterday to how much fuel was used, mercury vessel view stopped when i set it up wouldnt connect to my phone

I pretty much used 30 litres tank is almost dry today so me and my cousins must have done 30+ kms which it didnt feel anything like that
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey guys i dont wanna ask this anywhere local because its a great fishing spot but is there anyway of reading the total distance on the black line travelled? The inittial turn on of the lowrance hook 9 started from our take off location but i had a error the whole way untill i done a factory reset than the sonar worked, gps worked the whole trip, im trying to work out how many kms my boat travelled yesterday to how much fuel was used, mercury vessel view stopped when i set it up wouldnt connect to my phone

I pretty much used 30 litres tank is almost dry today so me and my cousins must have done 30+ kms which it didnt feel anything like that
    There will be a section in the menu that has overall distance and another for distance last trip , look in the menu it will be there somewhere
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks i will try look for the reading

thinking of ordering a Simrad 12" for the tinny...

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Thanks i will try look for the reading
    It will be in gps settings somewhere
    This is what you are probably looking for , go to trip I suspect
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks, i'll plug the unit in now and have a look

Found it, it stopped tracking halfway back to the boat ramp it recorded 11.1nm or 20.55kms the trip back would have been another 10kms, in that we probably drifted about 3.5kms so it works out im roughly getting around 1km/1L of fuel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Depends on the unit but most don’t or can’t differentiate between moving under power and drifting
    if you were drifting for flathead it was still recording that as part of the track

google earth and the ruler function will get you close enough to work out kms traveled it’s tedious but can give a rough figure

The run to the heads at port hacking is chewing 20 litres return trip no driving around, if i goto botany shes using 14 litres to get to the heads and back no driving around, im gannaneed a bigger tank

1km/L is chewing a lot more fuel than I would expect. The old '84ish DT85 2-stroke on my boat will do 2km/L at a 4000rpm cruise (around 24 knots on a 16' half cabin).

Your hull is longer but probably not much heavier given the minimalist fitout. I would have expected around 1.8-2km/L from your 90hp EFI at 4000rpm'ish cruise.

Same the last two stroke I had a 2003 90 hp Johnson would do 2km/l at 4000-4250 rpm cruise on a 5.5 m cruise craft
    Would also be heavier with full cab and fit out

My phone wouldnt pair with the vessel view so i have no rpm numbers just that she is pretty cruisy at 26 knots more scooting along she planes at 18knots and will top out at 32.7knots i was probably running her at 26-28knots for the long runs across the river but a few kms in there are 8kn zones that are lengthy