Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Change of mind... Maybe bass boat time?

Change of mind... Maybe bass boat time?

Might be time to start looking at fast bass boats 17ft hulls often come up cheap tear the whole top deck off remodel the internals make a front and rear deck, put my 90 merc on it and put a 150-175 on the caribbean

No messing around building a trailer or playing with repairing engines

Savage 17ft cabin boats come up cheap...

Re: Change of mind... Maybe bass boat time?

What happens when you move to your Hobbit house in the South Australian desert...

Will you just hook them up in tandem like a road train...?

do you actually like to fish or just like to be broke and covered in fiberglass dust

Can’t believe you blokes keep getting sucked in so easily lol.

Blog Entries

Get 2 mate 👍

Bass boats are pretty useless (in my opinion) a very single purpose setup, useless for anything else, never did see the sense in the 10mm internal freeboard setup, I like to be IN a boat, if I wanted that kind of thing, a stand up paddle board would do the same job.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Bass boats are pretty useless (in my opinion) a very single purpose setup, useless for anything else, never did see the sense in the 10mm internal freeboard setup, I like to be IN a boat, if I wanted that kind of thing, a stand up paddle board would do the same job.
    ive been in a few when dam fishing and they are brilliant fast uncluttered decks big twin livewells for comps and can carry a bunch of rods for specific circumstances, mates boat you can key lock all the lockers to keep your gear safe while camping.

less windage when fishing deep out in the middle of the lakes and dams versus me sailing past them like a yacht in the renegade
    some of the American freshwater lakes and dams are massive

useless or just something for a need you dont have

Probably do it all thermolite on afterpay.., fast bass boat has its uses i am 35kms upstream of botany bay so that is a massive area to fish i am only 15-20mins from the very up most section of the 35km river so i can play anywhere along that stretch

The water way is filthy and poluted but om not looking to eat the fish or crabs just catch snap and release

But 35kms of waterway is quiet impressive pretty much on my door step, i could use the caribbean but shes a bit bulky,shallow ramp often sandy, thiefts around cabramatta, canley vale etc..

Im not really a plastics guy so if i had a bass boat it will likely be used for downrigging jewies

Drifting would be a bit crappy as most of the river is narrow

Hows about a 15ft cruise craft all thermolite, top deck removed, full remodeled and rebuilt, toss my 50hp yamaha on her maybe convert her to a 60hp winner winner chicken dinner?

This is my local waterway
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gaz I'm now totally convinced this is all a wind up of epic proportions. If that's correct you've done a hell of a good job!

Any chance your undertaking a thesis in humanities and are examining societal interactions on-line governed by perceptions of ethnicity and income?

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Gaz I'm now totally convinced this is all a wind up of epic proportions. If that's correct you've done a hell of a good job!

Any chance your undertaking a thesis in humanities and are examining societal interactions on-line governed by perceptions of ethnicity and income?
    well if he is its been running for 10 years

There is this hull just a couple suburbs away out on a semi rural farm boat cost is $90 so a perfect optunity, appears to be around 14-15ft no trailer is the down side

If i got this hull i would redo the transom, stringers, floor in thermolite or other similar cores maybe even high density foam

Before cutting the top cap off and remodelling it into a sports bass boat i reckon my 50hp honda would fit on it perfect
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actually found a really nice looking hull Swift Craft Sea Otta trying to get into touch with owner now it would be a great restore and use it as a normal forward steer i really like the shape

Ausfish Silver Member

troll