Thread: Webster Twinfisher Trailer

Webster Twinfisher Trailer

I have a 4.9 Webster Twinfisher on a rhule trailer, all 2004 made. The trailer is fitted with skids up till recently they have worked fine, but having to replace the skids I have found the newer ones only seem to last about 12 months before replacing. A pain of a job. Has any on replaced these with rollers? Can anyone see a disadvantage of rollers vs skids ?

Thanks

Re: Webster Twinfisher Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I have a 4.9 Webster Twinfisher on a rhule trailer, all 2004 made. The trailer is fitted with skids up till recently they have worked fine, but having to replace the skids I have found the newer ones only seem to last about 12 months before replacing. A pain of a job. Has any on replaced these with rollers? Can anyone see a disadvantage of rollers vs skids ?

Thanks
    I have rollers on my 4.3 Webster trailer. Set up to drive it on with rear rockers. Wouldn’t go skids again on that hull.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Thanks , did you originally have skids?, would it be possible to get a pic of the rocker setup

Get proper material from a plastic supplier, it will last for years, or go rollers, but not the cheap black rubber ones.

Have tried a number of different suppliers , but the newer stuff just does not seem to last

Only ever seen skids
    The 4.3 being a smaller hull may not have issues with deformation from the rollers

But something to consider on the flat tunnel if heavily loaded and rough roads

Would love a Webster wet ride and all
    If I ever move back to Sydney to the coast I’ll be getting a 4.9

Only down side to rollers they do often get knocked off at quiet boat ramps i have read many stories

Gees Gaz you're paranoid about thieves.

Noel i have only been to belambi and port kembla ramps down your way, but up here everything gets knocked off spare wheels, rollers, lights i have heard it all it happens at quiet ramps sylvania hole in the wall, my local ramp at lansvale boaters park there car up away from the ramp in front of peoples houses so they dont get ripped off

Pics on the last post of this thread.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...home+made+ally
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Noel i have only been to belambi and port kembla ramps down your way, but up here everything gets knocked off spare wheels, rollers, lights i have heard it all it happens at quiet ramps sylvania hole in the wall, my local ramp at lansvale boaters park there car up away from the ramp in front of peoples houses so they dont get ripped off
    Gazza, I use the hole in the wall at Sylvania and have done for about 20 years and never had a thing stolen or damaged. I’ve used the ramp at the end of Gymea Bay Road, Kogarah Bay, Davy Robinson Reserve - Moorebank and I can honestly say I’ve never had anything stolen or damaged.

You must be the unluckiest person alive.

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Hello JohnK,

I wish that I had your problem, meaning that I got to use my Webster often enough to wear out the skids.

Some ideas,
    Try a different plastics supplier for "high density" skids????
    Install skids twice as thick, meaning replacement half as often.

I think that rollers are a bad idea;
    welding roller brackets is a source of rust
    raises the boat on the trailer, will it still fit in the shed?

Not sure where you are located, but I sourced material from Dotmar in Brisbane. Would need to look up the details, but had 15mm HDPE product (forget the exact type) stripped up to the widths I wanted from solid sheet. Much harder material than the typical blue skid strips you see, and also gives you as large a flat as your design chooses. The raised blue skid strip material has a relatively small bearing surface.
    I look at larger cat trailers at the ramp, the blue material always looks like it wears pretty average when under a heavier cat hull.

Not sure how that relates to the Webster, which I assume is light in the scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk