Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Cape York areas CLOSED.

  1. #16

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    I hate the term “traditional owners”,
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  2. #17

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I hate the term “traditional owners”,
    Bloody Hell Lovey, you beat me to it.
    Shawn

  3. #18

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    Bloody Hell Lovey, you beat me to it.
    Shawn
    Agree that guardian (with associated responsibility) would be a more appropriate term.

  4. #19

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I saw that pop up in my FB feed and thought it was a joke. FFS !

    Matt, is there a link to a specific map with boundaries for these closures and or time frames ?

    cheers LP
    I will ask the question mate . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......


  5. #20

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    The central land council and northern land council are not issuing permits for entry into any aboriginal areas within their regions as a means to prevent the spread of COVID into those communities. Maybe this is a similar thing.

  6. #21

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    There's just toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people in QLD now all the old camping spots are just over crowed all the 4x4 crowd going to bribie island now have just stuffed the island on the weekend you just cant get on or off the island and that's happening every were.

    I just would not bother setting up like those people on the eli creek that's not getting away that's just pissing off the people beside you that wanted to get away from everyone and every thing for a short time and all the tourist heading further and further away to remote places well there not remote any more because of that.

  7. #22
    Ausfish Addict disorderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Jungle
    Thread Starter

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Apparently not just QLD , Chris...

    https://www.thegreynomads.com.au/exmouth/

    Same in WA too..just way too many people flocking to these touristy places ...

  8. #23

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    This won't effect land managed by local land holders on Cape York but it is slightly relevant to this thread.

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...n=abc_news_web

  9. #24

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Apparently not just QLD , Chris...

    https://www.thegreynomads.com.au/exmouth/

    Same in WA too..just way too many people flocking to these touristy places ...
    Nice when they can feck off back to Bali and leave us Grey Nomads back into our spots lol...

  10. #25

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Fake news.

  11. #26

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Which bit? The closures or the busy camp sites?

    Matt

  12. #27

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by andoland View Post
    The central land council and northern land council are not issuing permits for entry into any aboriginal areas within their regions as a means to prevent the spread of COVID into those communities. Maybe this is a similar thing.
    That makes a lot of sense once of prevention is better than a pond of cure and it give the places a good rest too.

  13. #28

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.


  14. #29

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post

    I don't pay for news, can you cut and paste the meaty bits?

    Matt

  15. #30
    Ausfish Addict disorderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Jungle
    Thread Starter

    Re: Cape York areas CLOSED.

    Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    I dont subscribe either..

    The Cairns Post is notorious for mixing fact and fiction to get a headline.

    As far as is known the Development road and roads right through to the Tip will remain open, weather permitting, but its just some of those areas I originally listed that are closed...

    I dont know how anyone could actually close the main road north off to people other then because of covid or due to weather and/or road damage....

    But who knows we are indeed living in strange times and all too often have to rely on media and heresay for our "facts"..


    https://www.capeyorkweekly.com.au/ar...7bhZig7hpmIbQc

    Seems the solid wet season so far hasnt been kind to the roads either....

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-...amage/13129230

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us