Thread: Boat Prices to Stay

Boat Prices to Stay

Tad astounded at where Boat prices have soared to with Covid , mind you not only Boats but secindhand cars n Vans also!!, Reckon this will be the norm or just till things get back to normal if n when that does happen ??..

Re: Boat Prices to Stay

Everyone in retail is waiting to see what the end of March brings. Job Keeper ends and Job Seeker drops by $100.00 a fortnight. This means less spending money for those who generality spend all they have. Whether that means prices drop to keep sales up is a wait and see. Currently the economy is pumping with house prices rising etc but is this being helped by the stimulus of government handouts is the question.

Matt

ive seen plenty of instances on facebook where people have stated they have pulled theirs and the wifes super out so have 20k to buy a boat 4x4 pet donkey whatever

i guess thats what the gov wanted people to do a cash splash they didnt immediately have to fund

once the free cash stops things will settle down, early on prices dropped as people lost their jobs

The other factor effecting the "toy" market is people who would usually spend money on overseas travel now spending it on vans boats etc.

It is all up in the air for a while yet.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    The other factor effecting the "toy" market is people who would usually spend money on overseas travel now spending it on vans boats etc.

It is all up in the air for a while yet.

Matt

forgot about that
    i tried to book a weekend down the coast at any caravan type park and everything is booked out, all those that would holiday overseas are filling the bookings

i guess people are investing in local tourism , have noticed the weekend traffic is slightly up , more boats on the tow so the value might hold or a while until things flatten off i guess
    Having just sold one of my boats i can say that 70% of the people inquiring had never owned a boat before , was quite interesting the attention , old /young novices and the like all had a question

The used car market was first to boom i wouldnt quiet say its crashed but a lot of cheap cars have halfed there prices just for a sale, still the other half holding onto ridiculous prices, toyota echo $4500 like wtf my mum bought one in mint condition 3 years ago for $1800 as an example

People are just getting greedy due to demand dealers cant keep up with the import creating shortages,

I have even seen 2 year old dirt bikes selling for a couple thousand bucks more than brand new because dealers couldnt get stock quick enough like what the heck is that

This economy buster is making the public richer by a mile stone its crazy

Ausfish Platinum Member

The "internal tourism" here in WA has been absolutely beserk. You'd think that half the population was going to Bali, previously, as they are all now hitting the road over here. Our North-west roads were always quiet, just the usual truck traffic and the grey nomads in winter. Now, they are actually busy. Overall road toll has risen, and it is all down the increased trafffic in the remote areas, and people who frankly don't have a clue. Last autumn /winter, after regional restrictions were lifted May 20th, every town from where I live,600k north of Perth, right up to Broome, was packed. Slowed down a little over November, then packed again. Personally, I just wish they'd open things up again, so they can all *** off back to Bali and Thailand, and take their behaviour with them. As with everywhere else, used vehicle prices, particularly 4wd anything, has gone stupid. So much so, you are better off buying new, even if there is a little bit of a wait. Boats, campers, and caravans are the same.