Thread: sussex inlet bar

sussex inlet bar

havnt been down to jervis bay for years
    whats the bar like out o fthe creek that feeds sussex inlet ?

doable in a tinny ?

Re: sussex inlet bar

It gets pretty shallow at low tide, I know a guy lives there if you want me to ask him, there is a live webcam there too.

If you could it would be great

Have some time off before Easter and would like to go somewhere different

Just me on my own if anyone wants to have a fish

OK, I will ask him, Sussex does fish OK, Jervis Bay is a great spot, lots of deserted beaches to wander around on.

I was down at Jervis Bay on the weekend. Did not go to Sussex Inlet but more in the bay itself. Went out Huskisson and while technically classified as a bar, was no issue. Jervis Bay was calm enough on the weekend that you could have a 12ft tinnie out anywhere in the bay. There was a tinnie out at Middle Ground. If you get some good weather, you would be fine.

Depending what you are after and which direction the wind/swell is coming from, you could put in at Murrays and try for some squid. It is pretty sheltered around that side of the bay.

Have only been there twice, but happy to answer any questions I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby_III View Post
    I was down at Jervis Bay on the weekend. Did not go to Sussex Inlet but more in the bay itself. Went out Huskisson and while technically classified as a bar, was no issue. Jervis Bay was calm enough on the weekend that you could have a 12ft tinnie out anywhere in the bay. There was a tinnie out at Middle Ground. If you get some good weather, you would be fine.

Depending what you are after and which direction the wind/swell is coming from, you could put in at Murrays and try for some squid. It is pretty sheltered around that side of the bay.

Have only been there twice, but happy to answer any questions I can.
    thanks
    happy to chase flathead in the lake but if it was easy to get offshore in the bay id love to troll some minnows for bonito salmon mack tuna etc for a change
    on my own makes it hard to launch at some ramps as cant hold the boat off the rocks while i park the trailer

Crookhaven Heads is nice Steve and solo is easy at Orient Point boat ramp.

Go for a Google Maps fly by.

The bar is currently very shallow, might be OK at half tide or better.
    https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/maritime/...sex-inlet.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    Crookhaven Heads is nice Steve and solo is easy at Orient Point boat ramp.

Go for a Google Maps fly by.
    Yep, lots of prospects in the Shoalhaven, plus if you use the southern side (Culburra, Orient Point) you still have access to Jervis Bay via Callala.

Ellmoos and sand piperway there is a little walkway down to apublic wharf poddy mullet gallore if u can get some take them out and drift the basin for big flatties u should be able to get some mack tuna or bonito in the basin everything else is in there, there was even agreat white in ghere a few years back

Thanks all for the replies
    Everything was booked out and couldn’t find anywhere to stay and bring the boat too

Some places were available at $500 per night which isn’t in the budget or justifiable

Will get into google maps and look at the spots mentioned

Lots of places are extra busy, I think it's because everyone is just holidaying local, I was going to Narooma for a few days, but it's just too busy. Maybe have a look around the Illawarra, bring your crab traps and Nipper pump, or have a fish in the ocean, lots of ramps suitable for solo launching, but it's hardly deserted.......

Watch your gear and shit at sussex tho lots of ice addicts there, my cousin and a mate lived there for many years, 20 years ago we visited a mate and stayed at his place for 3 days someone tried knocking off my jetski from the backyard and we stayed on the bottom level some bloke had snuck in thru the garage door that was unlocked he was that f..... game he couldnt find my keys to the car he full booted me in the face before making a exit one cousin was awake but to tired to get up right thru it..

A few weeks pass and the bloke returned we were not there only the friends wife and children the friend came hone and found the bloke about to walk up the stairs

You see theres a major drug issue in that small country town and 1 cop on duty

Lots of cooked c....!

My cousin lived on that street previously mentioned for the poddys i had 2 trail bikes chained up in the backyard someone tried to knock them off they were heard rattling the chains this was about 10 years ago

Jesus, you don't have much luck with stuff being pinched.

Noel yeah that night i had slept with my wallet and keys in my pocket, my cousin that was tired said he heard the guy come in and he heard him go thru the draws on the wardrobe thats when he kicked me right in the forehead i woke up but had no idea what had happen untill my cousin told me i had a headache that morning

There were 3 of us in that room plus the bloke just if i woke up and caught him it wouldnt have been nice to be that bloke

From what i later heard the guy who broke in wasnt even from the small sussex inlet community

Thiefs everywhere, i want to do some day fishing at sussex in the boat but worried those flogs on drugs will rip my trailer