Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A return to boating and fishing after many years.

Re: A return to boating and fishing after many years.

Dont rule a nice glass boat out - With that budget I would be going and having a chat with Razercraft for a Gunshot or Coldfront or even one of the new Haines Signature 640F if you want a cab to sleep in.

Quote Originally Posted by baitable View Post
    All defined by budget. How about throwing that up? Makes it easier for a recommendation. Ur already maxed with 3.5t tow capacity as well. I’m always going to say go for a cat if you want comfort.
    If I had 130k to spend on a boat that will fish 4 in real comfort (out and back as well). And the limiting factor was the tow weight of a Pajero. I would offer this guy 110k for this bad boy then spend the extra 20k upgrading the Paj. looks like a gun package ready to fish with not much more you could spend on it.

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/p...e=photogallery
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

20 grand will buy you a decent dedicated tow vehicle.

No sure if you could get a 7mtr platey ready to go for 130K, but that is what I would be looking at.

There is a long wait for new constructions in plate boats, with most a year long list.

Unsure of 2nd hand newish boats either, but a search of boatsales.com.au should find something.

Now.. Centre Cab ? walkaround ? cuddy cab, full cab ?

The towing issue is a definite consideration. I have a 6.2 platey ( Pacific Sportfish supervee centre cab) and that is perfect for towing ( 2 ton ) 4 fishers by day and 2 - 3 overnight. Bloody impossible to find the3se things 2nd hand though.

Bluewater boats build nice 6 - 6.5 mtr rigs and worth considering.

Cockpit space differs with configuration, with cuddy cab offering more than a full cab and so on.

I think, given your ball park budget... you could get a 2nd hand 7.2mtr rig or a new 6.5 ?

IMO, plate boats rule for many many reasons.

Might also pay to give Col a call at Svennson Boats Mackay . tell him you're an Ausfisher..... if he can't help you, he will point you in the right direction.
    Office:
    (07) 4846 1298

Jay Svensson:

Col Svensson:

cheers LP

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

https://www.blackmarlinfabrications.com.au/ Great boats & one of the best finished boats around

https://www.caribbeanboats.com/model/reef-runner/ world renowned boats in glass

Thanks for all of the replies. Much to consider.

Mate I have just purchased A 640F and am waiting for it to be built and have a 2022 Pajero sport to tow it with.
    I have put everything onto it with 16inch sounder and it is 150k if you minuses the hard to and outriggers it would be about 130K all decked out

Base Total: Optional Items: Quote Total (inc GST):

$105,181.18
    $42,631.51
    $147,812.69
    this is extras pricing
    Options Included:
    happy days ahead summer is coming

If the fuel prices are scaring you, I have a solution ????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

if you are doing bluewater only and launching at decent ramps. Going plate isnt a great option.
    especially if your headed wide off 1770.
    You'll appreciated the nice ride of a glass boat on those longs runs.

any decent 6/6.5m glass boat would be fine if the manufacturer allows for decent HP.

Interesting reading up on the previous replies

The towing is certainly going to be an issue with the Paj sport - specially for any 7m boat - be it alloy or most certainly Glass .... particularly fueled & loaded with gear + 3 deckies ..... you need to do your weight numbers - you will be surprised at how low your tow capacity really is.

OK - In this economic climate who is going to lay their cash down on the table of a small scale boat manufacturer ? ....... something to consider

$100-$130 will get you not much more than a bare hull , trailer & motor ........ Heck you will pay more than that for a basic 7m Yellowfin ($130K) .

This really will boil down to a hunt for the right second hand boat imo ...... best of luck with it

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO