Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Clark boats gone.

Re: Clark boats gone.

Geez Davo, you are an arrogant, condescending pr!ck..!

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Geez Davo, you are an arrogant, condescending pr!ck..!
    Thank you for proving my point with yet another immature personal attack.

Just another example of trolls going agro and attacking you when you question the substance behind their posts. The logic behind this guy giving advice on $60-100k boats on the basis of his vast experience with the brand... being a few hundred dollar used creek tinny. Legendary.

This is precisely why people don't trust what they read on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    Sure Lovey, step away from it all you like. Even after I needed to clarify that I didn't work for Telwater (because apparently if you have something positive to say about a product, you must work for them) that wasn't good enough, I was challenged about it again and again. Then attacked for my actual profession. The calibre of some people around here...

Here's the point. What's gone on in this thread has been going on for years on forums, people slagging off brands and products they've never owned or experienced. You suggest I search for Telwater because it "isn't pretty". That's exactly the point, there's so much trash floating around like this thread has proven, you can't pick an armchair critic troll from someone that's actually owned the product and has real experience to share. I know some people genuinely don't like them based on experience, that's uniform across all brands. But what I'm tired of is people like Noelm, never owned a Quintrex, claims they're no good, claims they're the same as a base model Stacer (the boat that he actually owns), uses second hand story to slag off Quintrex. Others talking down $80-100k products based on their experience with a $300 used tinny. If that makes sense to you, then so be it.

I'm pretty tired of it, I know others are too. If it wasn't Telwater in this thread, it's Bar Crusher in another. It makes it so hard for people researching the brands. But it's standard protocol on forums, slag off the market leaders any chance you get. Who cares whether you've owned or experienced them before or not. Once you actually respond to the armchair trolls, it becomes immediately clear that there's no substance behind what they're saying. Read the thread front to back again, I've been more than reasonable.

Particularly to trolls like "shortthenlong" who asked for information and pretended he was genuine, so I actually spent like 20 minutes writing a reply to run through some of the differences I suspect most don't know about, happy to have a conversation about it. He clearly didn't actually care for a conversation and it probably caught him off guard, so he just responds like a rude muppet, didn't address a single point.

I won't apologise for sharing facts and experiences where I can, even if some of the trolls get upset.
    What? I asked you replied what more needed to happen?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    What? I asked you replied what more needed to happen?

Matt
    I was really reasonable with you, you asked what exactly set them apart so I actually took the time to run through it, objective stuff from pressings to trailer catches, things that not everyone is aware of.

Your reply- dismiss my entire post, accuse me of drinking cool aid, claimed I was just regurgitating crap from a sales tour, called me weird. I thought I approached you respectfully, and that's what I get. Wasted my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    I was really reasonable with you, you asked what exactly set them apart so I actually took the time to run through it, objective stuff from pressings to trailer catches, things that not everyone is aware of.

Your reply- dismiss my entire post, accuse me of drinking cool aid, claimed I was just regurgitating crap from a sales tour, called me weird. I thought I approached you respectfully, and that's what I get. Wasted my time.
    Sorry send me your address and I'll come by and cup your balls while you recite the Quintrex brochure.

Matt

How's that for weird and disrespectful?

Sorry send me your address and I'll come by and cup your balls while you recite the Quintrex brochure.

Matt

See what I mean, you just prove my point and show your true colours. You never actually wanted to know my thoughts, you were just stirring like the other trolls. Then you get upset when someone calls you on it.

I'm not going to comment on your interest in cupping other mens' balls.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Matt

Ha! Just spat my beer over the iPad! Pure gold!
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Ha! Just spat my beer over the iPad! Pure gold!
    Drinking and typing probably has a lot to do with the way this thread has gone.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Davidson- This is precisely why people don't trust what they read on forums.

Your words. You wrote it. So myself and others don’t have to trust what you have written in regards to Quintrex?
    Matilda

I don’t get why someone who thinks we are all poor uneducated ball cuppers wants to interact with us anyway
    edit now we are under the influence keyboard typers on top of it

went to a local Quinny dealer today
    same no jointing compound between metals
    same shit plumbing hoses
    welds look as bad as ever

I am hoping to upgrade to a 460 or bigger renegade later this year even with all that but will fix it myself as they still represent good value for a poor average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Your words. You wrote it. So myself and others don’t have to trust what you have written in regards to Quintrex?
    Of course you don't have to trust me or anyone else, it's just a conversation. I've been as detailed as I can and try to avoid making sweeping statements. I only talk about the boats I've owned or had experiences with. I've criticised Quintrex in this thread too, for example about the stainless rod holders which have no place on an alloy boat, it's just Telwater saving a buck.

I simply don't agree with people putting down a brand without having any experience with it. I used to look down on them, then I bought a couple, I've now moved on back to glass as I outlined earlier, but I can admit I was wrong about Quintrex - they are a good product, it's a shame when people knock them without trying them.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    I don’t get why someone who thinks we are all poor uneducated ball cuppers wants to interact with us anyway
    edit now we are under the influence keyboard typers on top of it

went to a local Quinny dealer today
    same no jointing compound between metals
    same shit plumbing hoses
    welds look as bad as ever

I am hoping to upgrade to a 460 or bigger renegade later this year even with all that but will fix it myself as they still represent good value for a poor average Joe
    Man that's simply not fair, I've never once called anyone uneducated or made any remarks like that. Quote me if I have. I think you're reading too many of disorderly's posts. After I clarified I wasn't working for Telwater and was just a boring old attorney, he's been attacking me about it for several pages, apparently being an attorney means I look down on everyone? What if I said I was a brick layer? I'm not even a partner where I work, just an average attorney. Geez...

Again, read the bloody thread.

And Renegades all have plastic fittings from factory so no, you won't see jointing compounds. My larger Quintrex definitely had it. Although you still read stories of there not being enough, some poor bloke had a year old Trident with paint bubbling. They need to follow Bar Crusher's lead and make alloy rod holders.

A stainless screw holding a timber floor down requires a seperation from the hull
    fair enough most are dealer add ons

but console, flooring, live well inserts live wells anchor well all have dissimilar metals holding them in place

A few hours job to do afterwards so just a small Inconvenience bit would be a 5 min job at factory

Is this a paid, subscription only service? Asking for Wahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Is this a paid, subscription only service? Asking for Wahoo.

Also wondering if it's just the Quintrex brochure or can I supply my own?