Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cooktown fishing

Re: Cooktown fishing

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    The nanni is almost as big as him...he will have some good stories to tell his mates..well done..

We spent the weekend out as well...first day was just snorkelling at a new reef in a big green zone full of trout....slow fishing that night but hot bite next morning then slow again once the tide turned..missus thought she was pretty cool getting the biggest trout...

Great weather but...and the most trailers I ever saw parked at Mission beach ramp...I almost called a taxi to take me from where I parked back to the ramp..

Amazing how popular boating seems to be becoming for all age groups....great to see...
    He’s the grandson of the owners of the park and they have full custody of him he’s not like a city kid mate and he is great company. He’s going to be a great fisherman as he listens and is way cooperative, Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    NOICE..... I also see the local Charter guys are filling eskies this weekend. (y)
    Yep , some great fish caught this week on the reef mate but the weather has changed again . Matt

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    red emperor wings
    Bloody awesome mate! Ripper fish and cant beat those wings!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    Bloody awesome mate! Ripper fish and cant beat those wings!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    I got the wings from the nanny for tomorrow night on the Weber

Update , it’s friggin wet up here so wet and another wave is coming through NOW as I post . Work on PDR was supposed to start yesterday a heap of earth work machinery graders and loaders came through last week heading up north of here to fix the roads and that was supposed to start yesterday but everything is getting pushed back and we have people in the park that can’t get to where they want . Anybody coming up to go to the cape get ready to wait as the wet is still around and some of the roads north of here are destroyed and they are only allowing essential travel . On a positive note a couple of Cooktown blokes just did a canoe run down the west Normanby had a whale of a time fishing , dodging crocks and rivers that rose really quick . It apparently was a hell adventure that had good and bad days with equipment lost , some great sites and some misadventure. I’m loving it up here it’s certainly wild and wooly . Matt

Canoeing in croc country. Crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Canoeing in croc country. Crazy stuff.
    These people are locals and carry the right things ,but me NO not for me these guys where out for 3 days 2 of them pissing with rain they are a wild and woolly bunch up this way and the fishing isn’t as easy as it appears unless your in the right spots . I’ve learnt heaps in the three years I’ve been heading up and every time is different ,even down to rods . Hardly a local that caries a 7 ft rod they use a special build from Daiwa called a beef stick cape Yorker built by Daiwa for the local tackle store they are only 1.23 mt and fit on the dash and rated 6-10 kg .Matt

Cape York road report.2 another face ache page to watch .

They don't were shoes either Matt just big thongs lol,they are different up there that's for sure,was in the middle pub one cooktown festival and some islander guy came up and said by me a drink and ill play you a song i said no its ok and he said no you don't understand you buy me a drink and ill play you a song soooooo i did and he did play one for me,when i went to the loo looking out the louvers i saw 3 guys with a big pot filling it with a 6 pack of VB and they were having skulling competitions yep its a great place to have fun in every aspect,been in and out of there a few times on boats.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    They don't were shoes either Matt just big thongs lol,they are different up there that's for sure,was in the middle pub one cooktown festival and some islander guy came up and said by me a drink and ill play you a song i said no its ok and he said no you don't understand you buy me a drink and ill play you a song soooooo i did and he did play one for me,when i went to the loo looking out the louvers i saw 3 guys with a big pot filling it with a 6 pack of VB and they were having skulling competitions yep its a great place to have fun in every aspect,been in and out of there a few times on boats.
    Yep sure is different up here and we do like it but I think I’m going to make it my last year for now , just waiting for the weather and the roads to clear up and we are going camping up at Lakefield for a few days chasing Barra before the tourists turn up on mass . Matt

Cooktown fishing

245mm of rain here in Cooktown in 24 hrs till this morning and more on the way , graders worked the roads to Musgrave last week and now it is a mud bath again and rivers rising and here is today’s pic from BOM

About time you got some proper rain up there, Matt...nice pic.....No leaks in the van I hope..?

We have had about 894mm down near Tully over the past 9 days with similar falls right through to the Northern Beachs of Cairns...I think the totals at Cairns airport make it the wettest ever recorded in April......

It will be nice to see the end of this wet season..

Cooktown fishing

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    About time you got some proper rain up there, Matt...nice pic.....No leaks in the van I hope..?

We have had about 894mm down near Tully over the past 9 days with similar falls right through to the Northern Beachs of Cairns...I think the totals at Cairns airport make it the wettest ever recorded in April......

It will be nice to see the end of this wet season..
    No leaks in the van or annex but left the window down an inch on the dmax that’s got weather shields and got a saturated floor so trying to dry the carpet now

On the up side, the Jardine ferry will start operation from tomorrow.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

4WD's have carpet?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk