Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Boat ( I Wish)

Re: My New Boat ( I Wish)

I have been told u can drive on a normal license to 5ton so if that boat weighs 3.5t empty thats going to have 800 litres for fuel surely than the tow vehicles weight

Pretty much limits who can tow it not really worth getting a truck license just to tow your boat

Although it is a dream come true for a lucky few it would need planning for a days outting and travelling slowly

Shakey how was the RAM handling pulling that up Ousley?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I have been told u can drive on a normal license to 5ton so if that boat weighs 3.5t empty thats going to have 800 litres for fuel surely than the tow vehicles weight

Pretty much limits who can tow it not really worth getting a truck license just to tow your boat

Although it is a dream come true for a lucky few it would need planning for a days outting and travelling slowly

Shakey how was the RAM handling pulling that up Ousley?
    Appeared to be doing it easy, as I would expect

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Those big yank tanks are bloody machines, F Series, Dodge, i think dodge is Ram? Could be wrong they haul actual truck loads in the US with those kind of SUV/Mini truck/utes

They havent really taking off in australia propbably due to the 5ton limit law

You couldpull around old 26-28 foot Bertrams with those

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I can’t help but think that’s a lot of money for what it is.
    26 ft cc for 180k is a bit silly imo, welcome to Australia basically. If it has to be a big cc (and 26ft ain't that big to start with) and had close to 200k to spend, I'd be importing something for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    26 ft cc for 180k is a bit silly imo, welcome to Australia basically. If it has to be a big cc (and 26ft ain't that big to start with) and had close to 200k to spend, I'd be importing something for sure.
    While a lot more room than a similar sized cabin boat, I can’t help thinking how a 6m to 6.5m CC cat would have that much more.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I watch some youtube videos and 200k aussie dollar would get u not much more than that 26ft HH there are these guys Center Consoles Only rebuilders and these americans talk like money is nothing, 80, 90k rebuilds on 22-24 footers i just sit here gob smacked thinking what on earth are they adding to the boat

I here US labour is cheap but these guys charge whopper coin for rebuilding old hulls

If I’m buying big and I have 200k to spend on a centre console I’d probably get a custom Eastward boats 30ft cat built with all the bells.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I don't see the appeal in a big boat that doesn't have a full kitchen, full lounge, air conditioning and everything else, a 40' CC with half a dozen outboards just seems like a waste of money, great fun, but......

40' would be ok if u party alot and have 10+ people on board

If its just the captain and two mates you'll never use all 40 foot

My 18' has quiet a lot of room it would suit 3 perfect mo tangles but it would quiet happily take 5 from what i have seen so far walking around compared to all the boats i've been on

The 18-19 foot boats are where u draw the line in the sand tho heapsof 2000kg tow capable cars out there but when u go 22'+ you need 2500kg tow limit than it just increases to 3500kg towing which only modern cars can do unless u get a dinosure land rover or toyota

Quick look at 26-28ft american crafts 130k USD would get u bottom of the line centre console i havent done the conversion + import cost but that HH for 177k is looking fantastically priced on a world market especially for our high country dollar

https://ibb.co/tzD0V66

Here is what 200k USD snags ya the rolls royce of boston whallers 26-28ft

https://ibb.co/R4Rrp4y

Our HH islooking fantastic now...

Not too sure those big 30-40' centre consoles with a heap of outboards are made to fish more people, most still only have a couple of "mates" but they like to be able to cruise at 40 knots, not many 19' are going to do that without launching off every wave and near killing the passengers.