Thread: Is Brookfield reef worth the trip?

Is Brookfield reef worth the trip?

Gday guys, having never fished further North than Sykes reek, I am interested in the general thoughts of is it worth the extra travel to Brookfield? Assuming I get there, what sort of protection is there from weather during the night?
    I would be planning on the trip in July this year.
    Is the fishing generally better than Sykes, Lamont, Musgrave areas?
    I believe there is plenty of ground to be found up there?
    Is trout in the shallows viable?

Anything else i need to know about the area.

I have fished the Musgrave, Lamont, Sykes area a reasonable amount so staying out is not an issue.

Cheers guys
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Is Brookfield reef worth the trip?

Hi Lee, I'm assuming you mean Broomfield Rf. It's been a while since I fished there probably 7 or 8 yrs but did pretty well up that way. Shelter is as good as most lee shores in the area. No real lagoon to get in. Only a short trip back to some of the islands if you really need shelter. I'm not convinced that the extra travel is justified but then I don't know the area up that way very well. I noticed a couple of days with no replies to your query but one of the team with more experience will get back to you, surely.

Lee, most of the guys who fish that area no longer post on here unfortunately. I have a mate who does fish it every now and then, I 'll talk to him and see if he's willing to talk to you direct.

Thanks guys, yeh I didn’t even notice the spellchecked Broomfield.
    Thanks Sam, that sounds helpful. On a side note Sam, I am looking at heading to the deep water on Saturday if you wanted to follow? I already have a full boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh