Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Viper rocket launchers

Re: Viper rocket launchers

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Take a look at these guys if anyone is interested in storage ideas. Based in Landsborough Queensland. Great service.
    https://www.plaztek.com.au/
    Yeah you pay for there gear but geez they have some innovative products..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Yeah you pay for there gear but geez they have some innovative products..
    Mate had a basic bait board made by them and very little change from $600.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Mate had a basic bait board made by them and very little change from $600.
    StarBoard is relatively expensive and a bit of a bear to work with - edges need sanding if not routed; adhesives don't stick to it. You have to screw it all together with stainless screws and then heat weld the joints. It does end up expensive and not worth it IMO if you can find injection moulded stuff that will do the job.

It's much more cost effective if you're just using a routed flat sheet of it (eg dash panel; transom spacer) that doesn't require any joints.

And personally Starboard doesn't make for a great cutting board, I had a piece and routed the edges and looked great till the first knife cut into it. Now it looks pretty crappy. About to replace it with a slab of ordinary cutting board, 3 times the weight but doesn't look as bad once the knives are out.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Dignity;1681679]Mate had a basic bait board made by them and very little change from $600.[/QUOTE

Wouldn’t be looking at Plaztek for a bait board (who would?) more for storage with gaffs, rods under gunnels etc. I bought my bait board with rod holders from these guys.
    https://baitmate.com.au/
    Matilda

They have a good range there Ducknutz.

Its a shame that one of the makers doesnt come out with an optional small esky or insulated bait drawer below the board/shelf/drawer..

It just seems to make sense to utilize that airspace better and I'd love to have a handfull of pillies ,some squid and fresh fillets right below the board...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    They have a good range there Ducknutz.

Its a shame that one of the makers doesnt come out with an optional small esky or insulated bait drawer below the board/shelf/drawer..

It just seems to make sense to utilize that airspace better and I'd love to have a handfull of pillies ,some squid and fresh fillets right below the board...
    I currently have something like that with a cheap bait board which I modified till I find the right combination. It does have a drain so if any bait leaks it ends up as berley.

Still awkward but will get there eventually.

Hi Seastrength
    I have a Savage escape 650
    It has rod storage under the gunnels 3 each side ,they would be ok if your rods are only five foot long...not much use to me ,I stick the gaff in there and not much else