Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Viper rocket launchers

Re: Viper rocket launchers

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    You are correct Gazza, you charge what the job costs, that includes all your overheads
    Sorry to be blunt but you just aren't making sense.
    Enough said Digs..

Why did you edit out the Gatling gun and spraying crap bit? That was the key stone to the message. Sorry gazza but u can’t school anyone on business acumen when ur coming up against people currently running successful long standing businesses- it’s a joke really. Stick to what u know - trial an error and learning from ur mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by baitable View Post
    Why did you edit out the Gatling gun and spraying crap bit? That was the key stone to the message. Sorry gazza but u can’t school anyone on business acumen when ur coming up against people currently running successful long standing businesses- it’s a joke really. Stick to what u know - trial an error and learning from ur mistakes.
    Baitable than i'd like to see a single invoice for 10k thats paid there bills.. lets s ay for a bait board

Gazza. I was going to detail an answer but decided against it as it would be long and tedious.

Wages, super, material, rent, electricity, insurances, tools, cleaning, profit, etc etc cost you per week $1000.

You make and sell 10 bait boards per week, so you need to sell bait boards for $100 each. As long as you keep the sales going you will survive, and if just one week you make your ten bait boards and nobody buys them you are instantly $1000 behind

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Baitable than i'd like to see a single invoice for 10k thats paid there bills.. lets s ay for a bait board
    Ausfish's own "fire hose of falsehood"

Matt

I did, but I saw the gist of what you were trying to say so didn't want to nit pick and drag on the conversation Teno's original question has been derailed completely so enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Gazza. I was going to detail an answer but decided against it as it would be long and tedious.

Wages, super, material, rent, electricity, insurances, tools, cleaning, profit, etc etc cost you per week $1000.

You make and sell 10 bait boards per week, so you need to sell bait boards for $100 each. As long as you keep the sales going you will survive, and if just one week you make your ten bait boards and nobody buys them you are instantly $1000 behind

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums
    Hey Shakey what i was pointing out is u dont charge a customer based on your bills otherwise you'll be over chaging just to pay your bills

U charge according to what the part cost to build labour, parts, consumables, workshop supplies etc.. than u hope to repeat it and pay your bills with any profit

But i donno who it was said u charge a customer to pay your bills so that $50 product is now $1000 in there case..

Now u see why i clarified? Thats all i was getting at

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post

Now u see why i clarified? Thats all i was getting at
    Yeah clear as mud..

So another day of the Gazfest coming up..

Guys you know that when people goodheartedly try and share their wisdom to help Gaz understand a topic he obviously has no clue about then we are all then complicit in the thread derailment.

We also know that Gaz shows very little appreciation or respect for those members who have kindly shared their knowledge and I doubt he even bothers to read the content.

In fact he often starts insulting people who try and correct him and often starts calling them bullies, racist and other names..

This pattern is repeated over and over again and so many good topics and threads are totally destroyed..

The original topic is lost and any chance of sharing and learning is totally out the window.

What about some respect for the original poster (can anybody even remember his name...Sorry I can't )..?

This could have been a great thread on rocket launchers and the pros and cons of custom work and the possibilities. Instead it's turned into a ninth grade business class.

Lets return to Ausfish rather then Gazfish...

So whats people's (informed) opinions of Viper Rocket launchers...?

Anyone tried them..?..any alternatives or better options out there..?

I hate them, if they're high enough to walk under without donging your head then they're too high to easily R&R the rods.

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    I hate them, if they're high enough to walk under without donging your head then they're too high to easily R&R the rods.
    yeah I'm hearing you there..

Mine are high enough to walk under but I almost get a side strain trying to get the rods out from on the deck so I end up jumping up onto the gunnel to take them out and put them back in...

Fortunately I have a rigid hardtop so it gives something to hold onto whilst balancing on the gunnel..

Quintrex and possibly others make the Yellowfins so that each individual holder is adjustable via a pivot and removeable pin near the bottom that holds it in place and allows for much easier removal of the rods......

Something like that might be worth considering if going custom...

The viper pro series looks a quality piece of equipment, but not really keen on spending over $1000 on rod holders.

I personally would rather put these viper rod holders in the boat to carry rods while travelling at sea, and make them so they are easily removed and stored while fishing so my shins don’t get knocked around.

Haven’t given to much though about mounting/removal, but this would be my way of storing rods

Image1611944523.320877.jpg

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    The viper pro series looks a quality piece of equipment, but not really keen on spending over $1000 on rod holders.

I personally would rather put these viper rod holders in the boat to carry rods while travelling at sea, and make them so they are easily removed and stored while fishing so my shins don’t get knocked around.

Haven’t given to much though about mounting/removal, but this would be my way of storing rods

Image1611944523.320877.jpg

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast
    Gentlemen,thank you all for contributing to this post,
    Shakey.
    These rod holders are what I’m using at present but when two people are fishing on one side the rods tend to get in the way a bit and usually end up in the cabin.
    Unfortunately the boat never came with rocket launchers and i wanted to clear the decks a bit and put anchor light and landing net up out the way.
    I would have no problem spending the money on a custom job,and I always try to use local businesses for personal and work related items.however like most people I also look for bang for my hard earned..
    I could buy a Viper and a Stella!
    Thanks Guys.

I do have a set of custom made rocket launchers but don't use them if we are just moving a couple of hundred metres or only 1 or km as hooks, sinkers can come loose, so i took a cheap set and bolted it to the front of my live bait tank so the rods are out of the way when shifting and easy to grab. For the landing net mine sits on the floor and held upright to a staunchen with some double sided velcro, quick flick and it's free and to put it back just close the velcro back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by teno View Post
    Gentlemen,thank you all for contributing to this post,
    Shakey.
    These rod holders are what I’m using at present but when two people are fishing on one side the rods tend to get in the way a bit and usually end up in the cabin.
    Unfortunately the boat never came with rocket launchers and i wanted to clear the decks a bit and put anchor light and landing net up out the way.
    I would have no problem spending the money on a custom job,and I always try to use local businesses for personal and work related items.however like most people I also look for bang for my hard earned..
    I could buy a Viper and a Stella!
    Thanks Guys.
    Hi Teno

Not sure what type of boat you have and whether under gunnel rod holders might be an option for you. I fitted these after market rod holders (Sam Allen is the distributor) and can carry six rods (limited to 2M length) safely under gunnel while underway and get them out quickly when needed. I can store them in the console holders or bait board when fishing or trolling. Just a thought for you to consider. Cheers SS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Take a look at these guys if anyone is interested in storage ideas. Based in Landsborough Queensland. Great service.
    https://www.plaztek.com.au/
    Matilda