Thread: Pedestal Seat

Pedestal Seat

G'day all,

I need to add a new pedestal Seat to my fibreglass boat. The one I just removed was only screwed in with 6 long screws. Just wondering if it is ok to put the new one in the same way or is there a process that needs to be followed differently?

Thanks
    Geoff

Sent from my CPH2069 using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Pedestal Seat

I guess it depends if the floor was reinforced from new to take screws, if so, it should be OK, if it's just screwed into thin ply, then it's risky, was it OK before?

Can u cut a thick 18-25mm disc the size of the pedestal base and epoxy glue this to the floor than run screws thru this base into the original floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I guess it depends if the floor was reinforced from new to take screws, if so, it should be OK, if it's just screwed into thin ply, then it's risky, was it OK before?
    Yeah seemed pretty solid before Noel. Only replacing because the cylinder inside is stuck and I cannot for the life of me push it up or down.

If I need to gazza I guess I could but that isn't what is there right now
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Can u cut a thick 18-25mm disc the size of the pedestal base and epoxy glue this to the floor than run screws thru this base into the original floor?